UN Foundation Fellowship in Brazil is an outstanding opportunity for young individuals who are passionate, energetic, and focused on exploring sustainable development, biodiversity, and deforestation challenges. This fully-funded fellowship will help the journalists ponder the global issues and speak about them in front of professional experts in the relevant fields. In this United Nations fellowship program, you will learn about hot topics, including climate change, agriculture, biodiversity, land usage, and deforestation. Along with the visa fees, accommodation, and travel expenses, many other benefits are provided to facilitate the students’ stay in Brazil.
This United Nations Foundation Fellowship in Brazil is labeled with the name of Dr. Thomas Lovejoy, a renowned ecologist who popularized the term “biodiversity.” The selected journalists will have the opportunity to take guided tours in the world’s largest rainforest “Amazon.” This rainforest is considered one of the five mega-forests on our planet. Therefore, protecting and preserving it with due care is essential to safeguard biodiversity, global climate change, and indigenous culture. Brazil holds around one-third of the world’s rainforests, renowned as the most biodiverse country globally. However, the current dismal situation of deforestation has brought the attention of scientists, activists, and communities to restore the unique ecosystem.
This Thomas Lovejoy Memorial Press Fellowship has been designed to help people prevent the release of massive carbon dioxide, which has become a terrifying point in the devastation of the existing ecosystem. The climate change experts are worried about the fragmentation of the Brazilian forest, which will result in the dangerous, irreversible process of the production of tropical savannah. These challenges have shaped the planet’s future dignity and are interconnected to each other. Further, their presence undermined the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Climate Change Agreement. Through such opportunities, the institute expects fellows to focus on the issues with the transformative approach and bring forward new thinking to help the UN serve better.
Do you want to know about the UN Foundation? It is an independent charitable organization created to address humanity’s most crucial challenges while working closely with the United Nations. Moreover, it aims to develop initiatives across multiple sectors to solve micro and macro-level problems and drive global development by engaging influencers and citizens ready to accept the challenges and perform actions. The values of partnership and strategic collaboration are in the bloodline of the institute. Therefore, it believes that every single person’s contribution is significant, and they have a stake in international forums. The institute aims to achieve the shared interest of providing a clean energy future for all through investment.
United Nations Foundation Fellowship in Brazil:
- United Nations Foundation.
UN Fellowship Duration:
- The duration of the fellowship in Brazil is of six months.
Benefits of the United Nations Foundation Fellowship in Brazil:
- Round trip airfare.
- Visa fees.
- Accommodation and meals.
- Local travel facility within Brazil.
- Any other expenses will also be reimbursed.
Eligibility Criteria of UN Foundation Fellowship in Brazil:
- Everyone from any nationality can apply.
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- Journalists are interested in the fields of climate change, sustainable development, environmental issues, and biological science.
- You will have a minimum of 3 years of working experience.
- You must be able to publish stories on the covered topics during the fellowship.
How to Apply for the United Nations Fellowship in Brazil?
- You have to apply through the official website of the UNs foundation.
- You need to fill up the personal details in UN Foundation Press Fellowship Application.
- Ensure to provide the supporting documents, if required.
- Ensure to fill up all required fields carefully and submit it.
UN Foundation Fellowship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for the United Nations Foundation Fellowship in Brazil is August 05, 2022.