COP27 journalism fellowship in Egypt is an opportunity to become part of the global COP27 summit for climate change. The COP27 fellowship can be joined both virtually and in person. The fully-funded fellowship provides a hand on experience to the participants by providing them the platform to interact with the world community and have serious talks on matters of grave concern related to the climate of the world. The fellowship is open to participants from all over the world on a fully paid basis.
This fellowship for journalists in Egypt is also known as the 2022 climate justice journalism fellowship. The fellowship is open to young reporters who are active and enthusiastic to cover the COP27 summit in Egypt. The whole world has its eyes on the city of Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, because the negotiations regarding tackling the problems of climate change will happen here. The reporters and journalists have a golden chance to come to Egypt for Free and cover the event on a fully funded basis and report the event to the whole of the world. This program is beneficial for the professional growth and professional standings of the reporters.
As this conference could be a chance to turn the Glasgow outcome into action, through the implementation of climate change adaptation, mitigation, and financial strategies, the reporters who will be selected to participate in this event will become international reporters and this will have a golden mark on their resume. The best 10 journalists from all over the globe will join the team and will work on publishing stories in their local media as well as through Climate Tracker. The fellowship serves as an impetus for the reporters to broaden their vision and dive into the pool of highly qualified and learned professionals and make contacts with world-class reporters and other international organizations.
The 2022 COP27 international journalism fellowship has to distinguish characteristics this year. As discussed above it has adopted two ways to make the journalists its part; virtual and in person. In both manners, the young reporters will join this international fellowship as equal participants and will get training and cover the critical issues for their country and region throughout the negotiations. The in-person participants will become part of the team in Egypt and others could opt to be part of the COP27 virtual team. However, the participants will receive equal training from the world-renowned reporters working on the beat of climate in the world. So, if you are a young reporter and have a hunger for learning in the international arena, you are highly encouraged to apply.
COP27 Journalism Fellowship in Egypt 2022:
- Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt
- 7-18 November 2022
No. of Participants:
Benefits of the COP27 Journalism Fellowship in Egypt 2022:
- The participants will receive free virtual training on reporting for a month prior to this COP27 summit.
- The full cost of travel will be covered for the in-person participants.
- Accommodation will be provided to the in-person participants.
- A stipend of €250 will be provided to all participants.
- All participants will be given 1 month of pre-COP27 online training
- The participants will become part of the well-known COP Climate Tracker team
- The participants will have the chance to have interviews and network with leading environment voices in the world.
- The participants will track their country’s negotiations live and directly.
Eligibility Criteria of the COP27 Journalism Fellowship in Egypt 2022:
- The candidate must have one year of journalistic experience.
- The candidates must be able to provide proof of their journalistic work from their recent two years.
- The participants must be willing and able to pitch and publish stories in their national media.
- The candidates must have a willingness to learn about climate politics.
- For virtual participants, they must have a good Wifi connection.
- The candidates must be able to be engaged in some English-based training; however, mentoring, publishing, and individual training will be multilingual.
- The candidates must be from or living in a developing country.
- The candidates must be interested to join the Climate Tracker family.
How to Apply for the COP27 Journalism Fellowship in Egypt 2022?
- The candidates have to apply online by the given application form.
- It is proposed that in order to get selected you have to apply as soon as possible.
- You have to provide all your personal and relevant details accurately.
- The candidates have to provide all the relevant documents in the given format.
- Answer all the essay questions and provide a strong motivation to participate in this COP27 Conference.
Document Required for 2022 Climate Justice Journalism Fellowship:
- A short motivational letter explaining why this would be a great opportunity for you, and how you would make the most of it.
- A pitch for a pre-COP story you’d be able to publish.
- A selection of your writing portfolio.
COP27 Fellowship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for the fellowship is Friday 19th August 2022.