World Press Institute Fellowship in USA 2023 attracts intellectual journalists passionate about becoming future leaders. This WPI Fellowship 2023 will help you gain access to the world’s diverse and largest democracies. You will be able to engage with these democracies by making your actual contributions while observing their role in taking responsibility and impacting the free press. This fully-funded fellowship program will help the journalists understand the US founding principles and best practices of journalism that have fostered accountability and transparency in all-powerful and weaker governmental organizations, businesses, and institutions. Moreover, traveling across the US will be of great worth for you as you will be getting the privilege of meeting with the subject matter experts of media.
The free-of-cost international press fellowship opportunity in America will also allow you to meet the media think tanks and advocates. This opportunity will make you aware of the modern business models being tested and implemented at all media outlets, either national or local. Moreover, the WPI fellows will learn about American culture, history, traditions, and people. You will get a clear picture of the current challenges the media is confronting. The knowledge regarding social, political, and economic issues will be further enriched. Your social network will also expand while interacting with people of different backgrounds and walks of life. Thus, providing you with enough time to explore the realities of life on your own.
This international fellowship program will be the most adventurous as this program will start and end in the two beautiful corners of America, including Minneapolis and Minnesota. Through this program, the World Press Institute aims to bring professional journalists on a single platform each year to provide them with the best journalism paradigms while sharing with them the expertise and insights that are expected from them. They will learn how accuracy and fairness should be brought into practice through reporting the different issues. They will be aware of the media challenges and the pragmatic approaches to counter such challenges. Thus, sustaining peace and stability in the societies.
The WPI US fellowship program for journalists is an equal opportunity program that provides survival to the media fighters under limited resources and greater external pressures. If you are intelligent, curious, and ambitious and have a deep sense of responsibility and commitment to journalism, hurry up and book your slots, as there are only ten fellowship slots available. The WPI is a private non-profit organization comprising individuals, different groups of foundations, multinational corporations, and local and national media. It was established in 1961 to promote and strengthen journalism’s principles and best practices while bringing fairness and equity at all levels.
World Press Institute Fellowship in USA 2023:
- The United States. (Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul Minnesota)
- World Press Institute.
- The duration of the WPI U.S. Fellowships Program 2023 is for nine weeks.
Benefits of the World Press Institute Fellowship in USA 2023:
- Transportation costs including roundtrip airfare to the US and within the US traveling will be borne by WPI.
- Lodging will be the responsibility of WPI.
- Food allowance will be given to each fellow.
Eligibility Criteria of the World Press Institute Fellowship in USA 2023:
- Everyone from any nationality can apply.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of working experience in the journalism field.
- Must be a non-US journalist currently.
- Must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Must possess the potential for becoming future leaders.
- Must have the ability for cultural affiliation within teamwork.
- Must be willing to travel as required.
- Must be committed to going back home after the completion of the fellowship.
Work Sample Requirements in General:
- Work samples must be in English and should be published within the last two years.
- Must have a publication date.
- If not in English, must attach an English translation.
- Must be publicly accessible.
Work Sample Requirements for Print Journalists:
- In the case of published work, writers and editors must submit the three work samples, reflecting their byline.
- Editors must submit the statement reflecting their job role in unpublished work samples.
- Photographers must submit a portfolio including 5 published work samples.
Work Sample Requirements for Broadcast Journalists:
- Submission is to be limited to 15 minutes of programming.
- Links to work samples on YouTube, Dropbox, and broadcaster’s websites are acceptable.
- Must attach a synopsis of each work in English, indicating your role.
Work Sample Requirements for Online Journalists:
- Submission is to be either limited to 15 minutes of programming or equivalent to three print articles.
- Share the link of your online work sample (if applicable), and highlight your role in each sample.
- Samples should indicate your role as a journalist with task ranging from gathering the data, producing the material, or editing it.
How to Apply for the World Press Institute Fellowship in USA 2023?
- Students have to apply through the official website by creating an account.
- Once your account is registered, you need to fill out the application form.
- Ensure to submit the digitized photograph of yourself (plain background, 2.5 inches in height, at least 300 dots per inch, and jpg/jpeg/gif format).
- Submit three work samples, mentioning your name and email address.
- Complete your application form carefully and submit it.
Selection Criteria for the WPI U.S. Fellowship Program 2023, USA:
- Competitive ranking.
- Quality of the work samples.
- The decision of the selection committee of journalists and corporate communication specialists.
WPI Fellowship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for the fellowship is September 15, 2022.