Singapore International Graduate Award 2022 is a merit-based award for all international students who have extraordinary academic records. SINGA program attracts the outstanding minds of the world to continue their PhD in the best institutions of Singapore. All the graduates can pursue their PhD in the field of science and technology under this international fully-funded scholarship opportunity in one of the world’s most academically advanced countries. This international graduate award is a full-time research scholarship in which the fellows will be monitored by top-class supervisors and peers which helps the fellows to gain excellence in their respective research work and fields.
SINGA aims at inviting students from diverse backgrounds and it also helps Singapore in becoming a talent hub. SINGA fully-funded international scholarship serves as a linkage between the bright minds of the world and Singapore. Students from around the globe get a chance to pursue their doctoral studies in the universities like Nanyang Technological University, the National University of Singapore, Singapore Management University, and the Singapore University of Technology. This is because Singapore International Graduate Award is a collaboration of these universities and the Agency for Science. So, the candidates who have a strong interest in doing research leading to PhD in science and Engineering are warmly welcomed for this award.
The 2022 SINGA program fellows will be continuing their research in the artistic and advanced labs of A*STAR Research Institutes in Singapore. Moreover, they will learn to co-exist in a multicultural and diverse environment while studying with students and mentors of multiple nationalities. Besides all these academic benefits, the fellows will be getting some real-life experience of how the smallest country can be made economically and socially rich and empowered. The stay of the fellows under this PhD scholarship program for four years allows them to explore the country from every aspect either economic, educational, cultural, social, or political. They will get an insight that how Singapore has become a gateway to some of the emerging economies in the Asia Pacific regions. Thus, this international PhD award of Singapore provides the international fellows with plenty of useful experience which they can use as a tool of change in their native countries.
This fully-funded doctoral scholarship in the Asia Pacific is a unique program because it offers PhD program directly after the completion of the bachelor’s program. Moreover, there is no compulsion that the students who have completed the masters can not apply, instead, the SINGA opportunity also allows the students who have completed their masters to continue their PhD with the exemption of some courses which the students who completed bachelors have to study for the completion of their PhD. So, international scholarship in Singapore provides every ease to the aspirants to apply for SINGA to fulfill its dream of connecting talents from all over the world cand to inspire collaborations. The evidence of the SINGA’s mission of collaborations can be seen in the fact that the SINGA fellows will receive their degree completion certificates from one of these collaborative universities i.e. NTU, NUS, SUTD, and SMU.
Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2022:
- A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, or SUTD.
- The fully-funded international scholarships are offered by the Agency for Science, Technology, Research, Singapore.
- 4 Years.
Benefits of SINGA Award 2022:
- SINGA covers the full tuition fees of the awardees.
- The fellows will get a monthly stipend of S$ 2,000.
- The monthly stipend will be increased to S$ 2500 after qualifying for the first examination.
- The fellow will receive one-time air fare grant up to S$ 1500.
- The fellows will receive one time settlement grant of S$ 1000.
- The settling-in allowance will be provided up to S$ 1,000.
Interested to study in Australia on scholarship? Here is the list of Top 5 Scholarships in Australia – Fully Funded
Eligibility Criteria of Singapore International Graduate Award 2022:
- The applicants must be international students.
- The applicants must have completed the bachelor’s degree.
- The applicants must have excellent academic results.
- The applicant must be proficient in the English language.
- SINGA needs no specific certificate for English Language Proficiency as it can be assessed during the interview. However, English Language Certificate can be the requirement of the individual university.
- Singaporean nationals or the candidates who already have completed tertiary education in Singapore can not apply.
- The applicants who wish to apply for master’s program are not eligible.
- Only the candidates who want to pursue their PhD in science and engineering are eligible.
- PhD courses for social sciences, humanities, economics etc are not eligible.
How to Apply for Singapore International Graduate Award 2022?
- The candiadtes have to submit all the nexessary documents online.
- The candidates have to select the research projects by browsing the projects from “Go to Research Areas”.
- The refrees have to send the reference letters directly to SINGA.
- The application process will start once atleast two reference letters will be recieved by SINGA.
- Softcopies of the required documents must be uploaded in the online application.
- Applicants who are applying through SINGA portal are not required to apply on university portals separately.
- Try to submit your application at least two weeks before the deadline because once the application is submitted your refrees reieve an email and they are 7 days to complete and send the reference letters.
- The candidates have to elaborate their research proposals in the application forms.
- The candidate can submit more than one or upto 3 research proposals.
- Thre is no need to contact the supervisor in order to apply for SINGA.
- The candidates can apply in any field of interest for PhD and there is no complusion to fellow the major of bachelors.
Required Documents for Singapore International Graduate Award:
- A copy of valid passport.
- A recent pasport size photo in JPG or PNG format.
- All academic transcript translated in English language.
- 2 recommendation letters which will be submitted by the refrees online.
- English proficiency certificate (if required by the university).
- The application deadline for the SINGA research scholarship in Singapore is 1 December 2021 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time).