United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2024 is designed to equip government officials as well as mid-level professionals with advanced knowledge and techniques regarding ocean affairs and international law on the seas. As the Nippon fellowship for developing countries is administrated by the United Nations Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea, applicants from the related fields and marine sciences are highly appreciated to apply for the international fellowship offered by the world’s prestigious institution, the United Nations. All the individuals will do exclusive research during the fellowship program. In addition, the research of the fellows will be conducted under the supervision of the world’s best supervisors. Moreover, the UN fellowship program in the USA for developing states is an opportunity for skilled and enthusiastic individuals to work on their thesis in the best possible study environment.
United Nations is an international organization that was established in 1945. Since its inception, the organization is striving to maintain peace and security along with friendly relations among the nations. As the organization has its headquarters in New York, the Nippon Foundation fellows have to spend the first three months in New York for research and training. Later on, the next six months will be spent in the desired host institution for gaining in-depth expertise. Thus, this UNNF Fellowship 2024 completes in nine months. As discussed before UN is an institution to promote peace, the Nippon fellows are expected to return to their home countries after the completion of the international fellowship. They are further expected to be helpful in policy formation about the laws of the seas and oceans for their home countries.
A total of thirty-two (32) institutions around the globe host the UNNF fellows. The individuals have to choose one of these institutions as their host institute. The fully-funded fellowship has systematic information for all the deliverables i.e. a 100-page written thesis, research presentation, and an ocean governance matrix. However, the proposed research program must exhibit the commitment of the individual towards the better implementation of laws of the seas and ocean affairs.
The 2024 UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship has many financial benefits along with the above-mentioned learning opportunities. The fellows will receive a monthly stipend and medical insurance along with other significant benefits. These benefits are discussed below in detail. Moreover, the following article is a comprehensive explanation of the eligibility criteria and application process of this fully-funded international UN professional program. So, if you are a government official or a mid-level professional and have a say in assisting in the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), you must apply to the United Nations fellowship program.
United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2024:
- United Nations
- Visit UNNF fellowship host institutions for a complete list of host institutions.
UNNF Fellowship Duration:
- 9 months
- 3 months in New York and 6 months in the host institution.
Benefits of the United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2024:
- A monthly stipend is given to the fellows by the host organization.
- Local transport or mobility costs are covered.
- The stipend rates for each country are different and the UN stipend rates for each country.
- A return economy air ticket is given by the host organization.
- Medical insurance will be covered by the host organization.
- A book allowance of $100/month will be given to the fellows.
Eligibility Criteria of the UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2024:
- The applicant must be between the age of 25 to 40.
- The following individuals can apply:
- Who has completed their first university degree?
- Government officials
- Mid-level professionals from government or non-government agencies.
- Applicants only from developing states are eligible to apply.
- The applicant must be dealing directly with ocean affairs.
How to apply for the UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2024?
- The applicants have to fill out the online application form.
- The application must be typewritten and or word-processed.
- The applicants must answer all the questions completely and clearly.
- Special attention must be paid to sections 18,19,20,21, and 23 of the application.
- The applicant must provide a correct personal history.
- A proposed research and study program plan must be given.
- The application form must be signed or attested by the nominating authority or officer in charge.
- Submit the signed form through email directly at email@example.com
United Nations Fellowship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for the fellowship is 8 September 2023.