OIST Internship in Japan 2022 is a unique opportunity to continue research in the world’s most advanced laboratories. The best internship in Asia gives the students the opportunities to learn technical skills and contribute to the research activities of Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology. The OIST research internship also infuses confidence and advances specific techniques in the internees by providing them the chance to continue their research under the supervision of the world’s top supervisors. The fully-funded internship in Japan also proves to be a stepping stone towards the brighter future of the students who take part in it as interns.
OIST internship invites all the national and international students who are pursuing their research in any of the related fields or the projects of one of the world’s best faculties of the OIST. Furthermore, the OIST faculty which is one of the world’s best faculties is responsible for assign the appropriate research work to the interns. The research work may be related to the projects such as Integrative Community, Energy Unit, Non-linear Equilibrium, Physics Unit, Quantum Systems, Evolutionary Genomics, Fluid Mechanics, Computational Neuroscience, Biological Systems, and many more. Each unit has a separate supervisor and the list of the projects and the supervisor’s list is given in the links below. To be an intern at OIST, there is no need to contact the supervisor first.
OIST is a leading institute of Science and Technology. In the most recent podcast, one of its professors talked about the vision for AI scientists and their contribution towards revolutionary scientific discoveries. However, the university has no departments but only the research units which make it unique and exclusive. Most of the faculty in the university is from outside Japan including America, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe. Besides all this OIST offers 5 years PhD program. It is notable fact that in order to continue the PhD program at OIST the fresh or new graduates have to be an intern in OIST internship program for 2 to 6 months. That is why the international internship is for undergraduates as well as for fresh graduates.
OIST is committed to creating an equitable and diverse environment. That is why OSIT Japan internship does not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, medical condition, culture, national origin, marital status, or religion. However, applications from females or other under-represented groups are strongly encouraged. Moreover, the students who are about to graduate can also apply by representing their courses and grades. So, keeping in view all these processes and future benefits of the OIST research internship in Japan. One must not miss the chance to apply.
OIST Internship in Japan 2022:
- OIST Graduate School
- 2-6 months
OIST Internship Research Areas:
- Nonlinear and Non-equilibrium Physics
- Quantum Systems
- Evolutionary Genomics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Femtosecond Spectroscopy
- Computational Neuroscience
- Neural Computation
- Biodiversity and Biocomplexity
- Electronic and Quantum Magnetism
- Mathematics, Mechanics, and Materials
- Embodied Cognitive Science Unit
- Neural Coding and Brain Computing Unit
- Sensory and Behavioral Neuroscience
- Continuum Physics
- Igor Goryanin Biological Systems
- Theoretical Physics
- Immune Signalling
- Organic Optoelectronics
- Coordination Chemistry and Catalysis
- Membranology Unit
- Quantum Dynamics
- Membrane Cooperativity
- Protein Engineering and Evolution
- Genomics and Regulatory Systems Unit
- Information Processing Biology
- Developmental Neurobiology
- Ecology and Evolution
- Physics and Biology
- Marine Biophysics
- Quantum Gravity
- Light-Matter Interactions for Quantum Technologies
- Quantum Materials Science
- Biological Complexity
- Numerical simulations of laminar and turbulent complex flow.
- Marine Climate Change
- Plant Epigenetics
- Theory of Quantum Matter
- Quantum Wave Microscopy
- Cellular Biology
- Nonlinear Analysis Unit
- Representation Theory and Algebraic Combinatorics Unit
- Biological Physics Theory
- Experimental Quantum Information Physics
- Cellular and Molecular Synaptic Function
- Chemistry and Chemical Bioengineering
- Memory Research Unit
- Cognitive Neurorobotics
- Shocks, Solitons, and Turbulence Unit
- Gravity, Quantum Geometry and Field Theory
- Human Developmental Neurobiology
- Neuronal Rhythms in Movement
- Evolutionary Neurobiology Unit
- Neurobiology Research
- Molecular Cryo-Electron Microscopy
- Cell Signalling
- G0 Cell Unit
- Neuronal Mechanisms for the Critical Period
- Nucleic Acid Chemistry and Engineering
- Bioinspired Soft Matter
Benefits of the OIST Internship in Japan 2022:
- The intern will get a daily allowance of 2400 JPY, the weekends will be excluded and the allowance will be taxable.
- The interns will receive a free OIST shuttle bus pass.
- A fully-paid round trip air ticket will be provided.
- The interns will get fully furnished apartments on or off the campus.
- OIST will also assist in vis acquisitions, insurance procedures, and local registration.
Eligibility Criteria of the OIST Internship Program 2022:
- The students who are in the final two years of the undergraduate or master’s program in Japan or overseas can apply.
- The students who are recently graduated can apply.
- The students who are currently enrolled must have approval for the OIST internship from their home institution.
- The applicant’s academic background must be in accordance with the desired internship unit at OIST.
How to apply for OIST Internship, Japan?
- The applicant has to log in and creates an online profile in order to apply.
- In order to reach o the application successfully, at least one recommendation letter must have reached OIST by your referee.
- When the letter is submitted, you will receive a notification and then you can apply successfully by submitting your application.
Required Documents for OIST Internships 2022:
- Curriculum Vitae Sheet (How to make an effective CV)
- 400 words Personal Statement (How to write a Perfect Personal Statement)
- Academic Transcripts (In English translation, if required)
- Recommendation Letter
- ID Photo
- The application deadline for the OIST Internship Round 2 is October 15th, 2021, 23:59 (JST UTC+9).