OIST Internship in Japan 2024 is a unique opportunity to continue research in the world’s most advanced laboratories. The best internship in Japan allows the students to learn technical skills and contribute to the research activities of the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology. The OIST research internship also infuses confidence and advances specific techniques in the internees by allowing them to continue their research under the supervision of the world’s top supervisors. The fully-funded internship in Japan also proves to be a stepping stone towards a brighter future for the students who take part in it as interns.
OIST internship 2024 invites all national and international students who are pursuing their research in any of the related fields or the projects of one of the world’s best faculties of the OIST. Furthermore, the OIST faculty, one of the world’s best faculties, is responsible for assigning the appropriate research work to the interns. The research may be related to projects such as Integrative Community, Energy Units, Non-linear Equilibrium, Physics Units, Quantum Systems, Evolutionary Genomics, Fluid Mechanics, Computational Neuroscience, Biological Systems, and many more. Each unit has a separate supervisor and the list of the projects and the supervisor’s list is given in the links below. To be an intern at OIST, there is no need to contact the supervisor first.
OIST is a leading institute of Science and Technology. In the most recent podcast, one of its professors talked about the vision for AI scientists and their contribution to revolutionary scientific discoveries. However, the university has no departments but only the research units which makes it unique and exclusive. Most of the faculty in the university is from outside Japan including America, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe. Besides all this OIST offers 5 year PhD program. It is a notable fact that to continue the PhD program at OIST fresh or new graduates have to be an intern in the OIST internship program for 2 to 6 months. That is why the international internship is for undergraduates as well as for fresh graduates.
OIST is committed to creating an equitable and diverse environment. That is why the OSIT Japan internship for students does not discriminate based on gender, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, medical condition, culture, national origin, marital status, or religion. However, applications from females or other under-represented groups are strongly encouraged. Moreover, the students who are about to graduate can also apply by representing their courses and grades. So, keeping in view all these processes and future benefits of the OIST research internship for students in Japan. One must not miss the chance to apply.
OIST Internship in Japan 2024:
- OIST Graduate School
- 2-6 months
- Between October 1st 2024 – March 31st 2025
OIST Internship Research Areas/Units:
- Analysis and Partial Differential Equations
- Integrative Community Ecology
- Nonlinear and Non-equilibrium Physics
- Evolutionary Genomics
- Quantum Systems
- Fluid Mechanics
- Applied Cryptography
- Femtosecond Spectroscopy
- Computational Neuroscience
- Complexity Science and Evolution
- Neural Computation
- Biodiversity and Biocomplexity
- Quantum Information Security
- Networked Quantum Devices
- Applied Topology
- Electronic and Quantum Magnetism
- Mathematics, Mechanics, and Materials
- Embodied Cognitive Science
- Neural Coding and Brain Computing
- Sensory and Behavioral Neuroscience
- Continuum Physics
- Synapse Biology
- Biological Systems
- Mathematical and Theoretical Physics
- Qubits and Spacetime
- Evolution, Cell Biology, and Symbiosis
- Immune Signalling
- Organic Optoelectronics
- Coordination Chemistry and Catalysis
- Integrated Open Systems
- Cell Division Dynamics
- Evolutionary and Synthetic Biology
- Membranology Unit
- Quantum Dynamics
- Optical Neuroimaging
- Membrane Cooperativity
- Marine Eco-Evo-Devo
- Protein Engineering and Evolution
- Geometric Partial Differential Equations
- pi-Conjugated Polymers Unit
- Genomics and Regulatory Systems
- Developmental Neurobiology
- Cell Proliferation and Gene Editing
- Physics and Biology
- Marine Biophysics
- Algorithms for Eco And Evo Genomics
- Organic and Carbon Nanomaterials
- Quantum Gravity
- Quantum Information Science and Technology
- Light-Matter Interactions For Quantum Technologies
- Quantum Materials Science
- Biological Nonlinear Dynamics Data Science
- Human Evolutionary Genomics
- Biological Complexity
- Energy Materials and Surface Sciences
- Computational Neuroethology
- Marine Climate Change
- Molecular Genetics
- Complex Fluids and Flows
- Marine Macroevolution
- Marine Genomics
- Plant Epigenetics
- Theory of Quantum Matter
- Quantum Wave Microscopy
- Representation Theory and Algebraic Combinatorics
- Biological Physics Theory
- Experimental Quantum Information Physics
- Cellular and Molecular Synaptic Function
- Chemistry and Chemical Bioengineering
- Memory Research
- Cognitive Neurorobotics
- Molecular Neuroscience
- Shocks, Solitons, and Turbulence
- Gravity, Quantum Geometry, and Field Theory
- Human Developmental Neurobiology
- Quantum Machines
- Neuronal Rhythms in Movement
- Evolutionary Neurobiology
- Neurobiology Research
- Machine Learning and Data Science (MLDS)
- Molecular Cryo-Electron Microscopy
- Cell Signalling
- Neuronal Mechanisms for the Critical Period
- Nucleic Acid Chemistry and Engineering
- Analysis of Metric Spaces
- Neural Circuit
Benefits of the OIST Internship in Japan 2024:
- The intern will get a daily allowance of 2400 JPY, the weekends will be excluded and the allowance will be taxable.
- The interns will receive a free OIST shuttle bus pass.
- A fully paid round-trip air ticket will be provided.
- The interns will get fully furnished apartments on or off campus.
- OIST will also assist in vis acquisitions, insurance procedures, and local registration.
Eligibility Criteria of the OIST Internship Program 2024:
- Students who are in the final two years of the undergraduate or master’s program in Japan or overseas can apply.
- The students who have recently graduated can apply.
- The students who are currently enrolled must have approval for the OIST internship from their home institution.
- The applicant’s academic background must follow the desired internship unit at OIST.
How to apply for an OIST Internship in Japan?
- The applicant has to log in and create an online profile to apply.
- To reach the application successfully, at least one recommendation letter must have reached OIST by your referee.
- When the letter is submitted, you will receive a notification and then you can apply successfully by submitting your application.
Required Documents for OIST Internships 2024:
- Curriculum Vitae Sheet (How to make an effective CV)
- 400 words Personal Statement (How to Write a Perfect Personal Statement)
- Academic Transcripts (In English translation, if required)
- Recommendation Letter
- ID Photo
OIST Internship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for the OIS Spring 2024 Internship is April 15th, 2024, 23:59 (JST UTC+9).