Applications are invited for the fully funded CERN Administrative Student Programme 2018 in Switzerland.The Administrative Student Programme is aimed at undergraduate students specializing in administration, to spend a training period of 2 to 12 months during the course of their studies (Bachelor or Master). An extension of up to a maximum of 14 months may be given.
CERN is a truly unique organisation. A genuine collaboration between countries, universities and scientists, driven not by profit margins, but by a commitment to create and share knowledge. People here are part of immense scientific discoveries, answering some of life’s most complex questions and pushing the boundaries of understanding. Experts from every field come here to share in this ambition and the nature of this collaborative, international community creates a genuine atmosphere of trust. People are free to work creatively and to trust in, and rely on, their colleagues across the organisation.
Fields of Study:
- Human resources
- advanced secretarial work
- Business administration
- Library and information science
- Engineering management
- Science communication
- Communication and public relations
- 2 to 12 Months Training Course
- 3283 CHF/month (the allowance is net of tax)
- Travel allowance
- Membership of the Health Insurance scheme (contribution automatically deducted from allowance).
- CERN housing service helps finding local accommodation.
- Must have a good Knowledge of English or French
- You are a national of a CERN Member State or Associate Member State and studying in a Member State or Associate Member State.
- Students from Non-Member States are able to apply only if they have been residing in a Member State or an Associate Member State for the last 5 years and are enrolled in a Member State or an Associate Member State educational establishment.
- You should have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor or Master) at the time of the selection committee which is in June 2018 specializing in an administrative field. This means that you should have started your studies not later than December 2016.
- You can stay at least 2 or at most 12 months remaining registered as a full-time student. To be able to fully benefit from an administrative studentship we advise students to opt for the longest period possible.
- You have a good knowledge of English OR French.
- Most Recent Academic Transcript
- CV (in English or French)
- One reference letter from your University Professor is mandatory (should you have one reference from a previous internship you may add this as a second reference).
Please note that applications may be forwarded to a panel of national experts for evaluation purposes. Applications are considered by a Selection Committee which meets two times a year in June and December. Please note that all candidates will receive an answer regarding their candidature by mid-June 2018 and mid-December 2018, should it be successful or not.
Contracts normally start on the first calendar day of a month and usually two months after the selection committee.
The deadline of CERN Administrative Student Programme 2018 in Switzerland is:
- 16th April, 2018