Applications are invited for the fully funded CERN Administrative Student Programme 2018 in Switzerland.The Administrative Student Programme is aimed at undergraduate students specializing in administration, to spend a training period of 2 to 12 months during the course of their studies (Bachelor or Master). An extension of up to a maximum of 14 months may be given.
CERN is a truly unique organisation. A genuine collaboration between countries, universities and scientists, driven not by profit margins, but by a commitment to create and share knowledge. People here are part of immense scientific discoveries, answering some of life’s most complex questions and pushing the boundaries of understanding. Experts from every field come here to share in this ambition and the nature of this collaborative, international community creates a genuine atmosphere of trust. People are free to work creatively and to trust in, and rely on, their colleagues across the organisation.
It’s more than work experience. In fact, it’s a student programme like nowhere else on Earth and an impressive addition to your CV!
CERN Administrative Student Programme Details:
Fields of Study:
- Human resources
- advanced secretarial work
- Business administration
- Library and information science
- Engineering management
- Science communication
- Communication and public relations
Also Apply for: CERN Short Term Paid Internship Program in Geneva
- 2 to 12 Months Training Course
CERN Administrative Student ProgrammE Benefits:
CERN will provide you with:
- A contract of association from 2 to 12 months.
- An allowance of 3283 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- A travel allowance.
- Depending on your personal circumstances, a supplement if you are married and/or have children.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (the contribution will be automatically deducted from your allowance).
- 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State (home.cern/about/member-states) and studying in a Member State or Associate Member State.
- You should have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor or Master’s) specializing in an administrative field at the time of the next student committee taking place in December 2018.
- You can stay for at least 2 and at most 12 months remaining registered as a full-time student.
- We advise you to opt for the longest period possible to make the most of it and increase your chances of being selected!
- You have a good knowledge of English OR French.
You will need the following documents to complete your application (please make sure to name the documents accordingly e.g. CV, motivation letter, academic transcript…):
- A CV.
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks (if you download it from your university portal please make sure there is no protection so that we can open it).
- A reference letter from your University Professor (Mandatory. Should you have a letter of reference from a previous internship you may add this as a second reference).
- You can upload this letter at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially. This must be done before the closing date.
Please note that applications may be forwarded to a panel of national experts for evaluation purposes. Applications are considered by a Selection Committee which meets two times a year in June and December. Please note that all candidates will receive an answer regarding their candidature by mid-June 2018 and mid-December 2018, should it be successful or not.
Contracts normally start on the first calendar day of a month and usually two months after the selection committee.
Also apply for:
- Hansen Summer Institue Leadership Program in USA [Fully Funded]
- World Youth Forum 2018 [Fully Funded] in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
- KAIST University South Korea Winter Camp 2019 [Fully Funded] for International Students
The deadline of CERN Administrative Student Programme 2018 in Switzerland is:
- October 22, 2018