Are you looking for an international internship this summer? NIG Summer Internship in Japan 2021 is welcoming undergraduate and postgraduate students for research internships. It is a fully-funded paid internship in Japan for international students. It is a great opportunity for all those students who are wishing to gain research experience in life sciences and genetics.
National Institute of Genetics opens the door for amazing and innovative research projects for the interns. Moreover, all interns would get the chance to conduct independent research under the supervision of the research mentors at NIG. This internship program would include international laboratory visits, training on scientific communication, and scientific research.
The best part of this internship is that there is no application fee, no IELTS or TOEFL required. All candidates are instructed to give a presentation on the “NIGINTERN Reports Symposium” at the end of the internship. Interns will be participating in many activities including journal clubs, seminars, and graduate program lectures. Furthermore, candidates can avail of Japanese language classes.
NIG Summer Internship in Japan 2021:
- National Institute of Genetics (NIG)/ Department of Genetics, SOKENDAI
- The duration of the NIGINTERN program is 6 Weeks.
- The NIG Japan internship will run from June 17 to July 28, 2021.
- Undergraduate students
- Postgraduate students
- Return airfare will be provided.
- Fares for local transportation from Japan airport will be provided.
- The cost of lodging in the institute’s guesthouse will be covered.
- Travel insurance will be provided to the interns.
- Per day meal allowance of up to 1,500JPY will be provided.
Eligibility Criteria of the NIG Summer Internship 2021:
- All international students may apply.
- Students who are in pre-final year i.e.3rd and 4th year of their Bachelor program.
- Students who are in a pre-final year i.e. 1st and 2nd year of their master’s program.
- Students who are enrolled at NIG in the Ph.D. program are encouraged to apply.
- No IELTS or TOEFL required.
How to Apply for NIG Summer Internship in Japan 2021?
- Before applying, candidates may select their field of interests and host laboratory.
- Once you registered yourself, you will receive the application number and password via email.
- Applicants are directed to mention the names of the recommenders along with their email addresses.
- Mentioned recommenders would receive the email in order to confirm their recommendations.
- After the submission of the application with correct information, the candidate will be considered as an applicant.
Required Documents for NIG International Internship, Japan:
- Letter of Motivation/Self Advertisement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Scanned Academic Transcript
- Two recommendation letters of your Teachers
- The application deadline for the NIG Internship in Japan is January 7, 2021 (Japan standard time, JST).