Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin offers an eight-week HZB Summer Student program for undergraduate international students in Germany. This program will provide an opportunity to 20 students who will research their chosen project under the supervision of HZB scientists who belong to the disciplines of Photon Science, Photovoltaics, chemical energy, Solar energy, Accelerators, Electrochemical Energy Storage, Quantum and Functional Materials.
Students participating in this summer internship program will work with research experts in modern laboratories in HZB campuses which are located in Berlin where various experiments related to energy conversion are conducted. They will also learn the resourceful utilization of power and energy in various advanced fields. This International summer program will provide an excellent opportunity for individuals who want to contribute to climate change.
During this eight-week paid international summer student program (ISSP), students will get to visit the research center BESSY II accelerator where they will get a chance to see devices and machines used for the storage and acceleration of electrons. Students will participate in workshops, including ones on science communication and entrepreneurship, culminating in a final event with a scientific poster presentation.
Participants will meet and interact with people from diverse cultural backgrounds which will be a great opportunity for socializing during their stay in Germany. As students will be working in laboratories on their research projects, they will have hands-on experience in handling scientific equipment which they will be using in the future as they will excel in their careers.
HZB Summer Student Program in Germany 2024:
- Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin
Summer Program Dates:
- 1st July 2024- 23rd August 2024
Benefits of the HZB Summer Program 2024 in Germany:
- 75% traveling Sponsorship of 200€ will be provided to the students belonging to EU- countries and 800€ to the students belonging to non-EU countries.
- 900€ will be paid to external students and 1.000€ to internal students who are studying in the universities of Berlin and Potsdam as a Subsistence allowance.
- Visit two research centers located in HBZ institutes
- Tours to other research centers in Berlin
- Sessions related to entrepreneurship and scientific culture
Eligibility Criteria for HZB Summer Student Program 2024:
Applicants applying must:
- Be an undergraduate student related to the fields of Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Engineering, Life Sciences or Environmental Sciences.
- Complete at least four semesters in university in the relevant degree.
- Be enrolled in the current university while attending the HZB program.
- Be able to communicate in English.
- Submit a letter of recommendation with their application.
How to apply for the HZB Summer Student Program:
- Students have to apply online through the application form given on the website
- Application form should be submitted before the deadline
- All the required documents should be submitted with this application form
Documents Required for the 2024 HZB Program:
- Academic CV should not be more than 2 pages
- Enrollment certificate from the university you are currently studying in
- Current academic transcript
- Reference letter
- Photocopy of passport or National Identity Card
- Declaration of Certificate of Enrollment
Requirements for the 2024 HZB Program:
After enrolling participants should:
- Stay in Berlin from 1st July to 23rd August, 2024
- Attend the complete program of eight weeks
- Work 40 hours per week
- Complete the research project within eight weeks
HZB Program Deadline:
- The last date to apply for HZB Summer Program 2024 is 31st December 2023