The European Organization for Nuclear Research, known as CERN is now accepting applications for CERN Short Term Internship for Undergraduate Students in Switzerland. The duration of the CERN paid internship in Switzerland is 6 months. Selected interns will receive a monthly allowance of 1,500 Swiss Francs.
One of CERN’s key missions is education. Our professionals very much enjoy sharing their knowledge and expertise with students who are committed and passionate about their chosen field.
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter – fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact and provide insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
If you’re an undergraduate in the technical or administrative fields and you’re looking to spend a few months training “on-the-job”, imagine doing your internship at CERN in Geneva. An impressive addition to your CV!
CERN Paid Short Term Internship Details:
- The duration of the internship is up to 6 month
Popular International Internships 2019, Check out these too:
- International Internship Challenge in Germany – Full Funded
- Japan Internship Program 2019 – Fully Funded
- You will receive a monthly allowance of 1,500 Swiss Francs.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a full-time student at an undergraduate (post-secondary) level and are at least 18 years of age.
- Your main field of study is in one of the following areas: applied physics, computing, mathematics, electricity, electronics, mechanical or civil engineering, instrumentation, materials science, radiation protection, safety and environmental protection, surveying, ultra-high vacuum, scientific communication. A very limited number of places may be available in administrative fields such as translation, advanced secretarial work, accounting, legal services, human resources, librarianship, logistics.
- Your work at CERN must be an obligatory or recommended part of your studies.
- You will be returning to your educational establishment after completion of your stay at CERN.
- You have a good knowledge of English and/or French.
- You can apply for a place at any time throughout the year and can indicate your availabilities. There is no specific deadline for this paid internship program.