UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program 2023 is a funded opportunity for international students who intend to pursue their careers in the field of biology and relevant sciences. Japan is dominating the world in the fields of technology and education. It is a dream destination for students who are aiming to get an education at the top-class institutes of the world. Furthermore, by offering them a fully-funded internship 2023, Japan is attracting a lot of talented and passionate students.
All students who want to pursue significant research and high-quality education at Japan’s leading universities should take advantage of the research internship program. Numerous world-class institutes are offering hundreds of undergraduates the chance to participate in funded scientific research projects. In the US, this program was launched in 2006, and two years later, in Europe. This program was later launched in Japan in 2015 at Kyoto University and the University of Tokyo.
This summer internship program’s main objective is to support undergraduate students from different regions who are seeking a career in biology. Furthermore, it provides students who want to pursue graduate studies with an eight-week research experience in biomedical science. There is a number of graduate schools where such students will have the chance to network with top faculty and gain research experience from incredibly committed professors and researchers.
The Amgen Scholars Program 2023 intends to provide students with practical research experience. Students will have sufficient knowledge, skills, and experience to undertake research by the completion of their summer course. With the help of this program, overseas students can not only receive a top-notch education and research experience, but they also have the chance to interact with individuals from different cultural backgrounds.
UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program 2023 in Japan:
- Amgen Foundation
University of Tokyo
No. of Scholarships:
- Nearly 20
UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program 2023 in Japan:
- Free accommodation
- Students will receive a stipend of 250,000 JPY
- Students will get free tickets for flights
- Students will explore and visit graduate programs and organizations focused on biomedical research
- Informational sessions about applying to graduate programs at the University of Tokyo
- Access to the Library and Health Care Center of the University of Tokyo
- Japanese cultural events
- Short trips
- Seminars and sessions for students
Eligibility Criteria of the UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program 2023:
- Candidates must be undergraduates enrolled in universities or colleges around the world that grant bachelor’s degrees.
- Before the summer program begins, applicants must have finished their first year of undergraduate studies.
- The applicants must not be graduating before the summer program begins.
- Candidates must have an outstanding educational record.
- They must be interested in obtaining a research degree, such as a PhD, in the future.
- English language proficiency is a requirement. Applicants must submit their English proficiency exam results with a minimum score of if English is not their first language.
Requirements for UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program 2023:
- All applicants must give the Amgen Scholars Program their complete attention.
- During the program, Amgen Scholars are not allowed to enroll in any classes or work.
- Applicants must show up for all mandatory conferences, activities, and social events, including orientation on the first day of the program.
- Each participant is required to be available for the full program.
- Applicants must reside in the housing that UTokyo provides.
- Applicants must attend and participate in all meetings and other gatherings and completely engage in the daily activities of the research group.
- Participants are required to present their summer research project as a presentation.
- At the end of the program, each participant is required to submit a research paper.
Check NIG Summer Internship 2023 in Japan | Funded
Documents Required for UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program:
- A photo
- Scanned copy of ID card or Passport
- Official academic transcripts
- Cover letter
- Proof of English proficiency
- Two recommendation letters
- Consent form (available on the official website)
- Application form (available on the official website)
How to Apply for UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program 2023?
- The applicants have to apply online through their official website.
- Applicants have to fill out the form and upload all necessary documents carefully.
- The candidates have to submit the files in the required format.
- Applicants must complete their application with great care.
Amgen Summer Internship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for the internship program is February 1, 2023, at 3:00 pm JST.