The University of Tokyo is now accepting applications for UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program in Japan 2020. The duration of the University of Tokyo Summer Internship in Japan is 2 months. International internships in Japan are fully funded. The fully-funded internship for international students 2020 will be held in UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program 2020 from 9 June 2020 – 3 August 2020, after that the students will move to Singapore.
The UTokyo paid internship program was launched in 2006 in the United States, 2008 in Europe, and 2015 in Japan at the University of Tokyo and Kyoto University, Amgen Scholars has expanded to additional world-class institutions in the U.S., Europe, and Asia!
The Amgen Scholars Program provides hundreds of students each year with the opportunity to undertake scientific research projects at many of the world’s leading institutions. Students from all over the world can apply for the Japan internship program 2020.
Stay in touch and keep visiting our Facebook page Scholarships Corner for live sessions and guidelines about different opportunities. We also share opportunities on our Instagram account on a daily basis. Follow us on Instagram “scholarshipscorner” and Don’t miss any opportunity.
UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program in Japan Details:
- University of Tokyo
Summer Internship Duration:
- 2 Months
Also, Apply for the CERN Junior Fellowship in Switzerland – Fully Funded
Summer Internship Schedule:
|UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program 2020||9 June 2020 – 3 August 2020|
|Move to Singapore||4/5 August 2020|
|Amgen Scholars Asian Symposium in Singapore||6 – 8 August 2020|
- Graduate School of Science
- Graduate School of Engineering
- Institute of Industrial Science
- Graduate School of Medicine
- Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Paid Summer Internship in Japan Benefits:
In addition to working full time in the laboratory for 8 weeks, the program features:
- Visits to Graduate Schools and Institutes related to biomedical research
- Information sessions on how to apply to Graduate Schools at UTokyo
- Special seminars and luncheons where students can meet and have discussions
- Access to UTokyo campus facilities such as the Library, Health Care Center and Gymnasium
- Japanese cultural events
- ROOM: Near-campus accommodation
- STIPEND: 250,000 JPY (The stipend should be used freely to budget for food and any personal trips during your stay in Japan and so on)
- TRAVEL COSTS
Also, Apply for the CrossCulture Program 2020 Germany (Fully Funded) CCP 2020 Fellowship
UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program applicants must be undergraduate students who are:
- Enrolled in colleges or universities worldwide that award a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent); and
- At the minimum, have completed their first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins, and
- Are not graduating before the summer program begins, and after the summer program ends will resume undergraduate studies for at least 1 semester or 1 quarter
UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program applicants must also:
- Have a strong record of academic performance; and
- Have good working knowledge of English, demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 72, IELTS overall band score of 5.5, Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC score of 1095, TOEIC L&R score of 785, or TOEIC S&W score of 310, if not a native English speaker or English is not your first language, and
- Have an interest in pursuing a Ph.D.
- To Live in the Accommodation Provided by UTokyo.
- To participate Fully in day-to-day life, respect the work of all members of the laboratory, and attend and participate in laboratory meetings or other gatherings.
- To attend the orientation on June 9, all required conferences, activities and social events.
- Presentation in the End.
Following documents are required for the UTokyo Internship:
- Portrait photo
- Scanned copy of Passport or ID card
- Resume/CV and Cover letter
- Academic Transcript
- Proof of your English proficiency From Your University.
- Two Recommendation Letters. (Instructions for Recommenders_UTokyoASP2020.pdf)
How to Apply for Japan International Internships 2020?
Please apply through Online Application. Fill all the required fields carefully. Once your application is submitted online, you cannot make any changes.
- The last date to apply for UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program in Japan 2020 is 15:00 JST*, 3rd Feb. 2020 (*Japan Standard Time=UTC+9:00).
APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THE SELECTION RESULTS AROUND THE MIDDLE OF MARCH 2020.