The prestigious and highly competitive Global Korea Scholarship 2024 is now open for applications. The GKS 2024 was previously known as the KGSP Korean Government Scholarship Program. This is a fully-funded scholarship, master’s, and Ph.D. degree program. This scholarship opportunity is sponsored by the Korean government. The KGSP 2024 will select more than 1300 international students from 155 countries who want to who wish to pursue a graduate-level degree (master’s or doctoral) or research in Korea.
All selected students will be placed at different universities in South Korea. Korean Ministry of Education aims to increase international exchanges and competititeness. There are more than 104,000 international students who have been on this Korean scholarship since 2016. Fields are not limited, all candidates would get plenty of options to pursue their careers. There are two ways to apply for this KGSP 2024, either submitting their documents to the Korean Embassy of their country or directly to the domestic university of Korea.
This South Korean Scholarship (Global Korea Scholarship for Graduate Degrees) is one of the most competitive and top scholarships in the world. It is similar to other fully-funded international scholarship programs such as the US Fulbright Scholarship, Chinese Government Scholarship, Australia Awards Scholarships, Turkey Burslari Scholarships, Austria Government Scholarship, Brunei Darussalam Scholarship, Romania Government Scholarship, New Zealand Government Scholarship, Netherlands Government Scholarship Stipendium Hungricum Scholarship, and Daad Scholarship in Germany.
Why one should study in South Korea? Compared to European countries, South Korea offers well-prepared scholarships, cheap living expenses, and accommodation costs. Moreover, all international students build cross-cultural understanding, explore international laboratories, and experience different cities in South Korea.
Global Korea Scholarship 2024 | Study in Korea | KGSP:
- South Korea
- Master’s Degree Programs
- PhD Programs
- Research Programs
Available Universities and Fields of Study:
- Refer to the 2024 GKS-G Available Universities & Fields of Study file attached in the Application Guidelines for general information. Contact each university for further information.
GKS Scholarship Duration:
- Doctoral Degree Program: 4 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 3 years of the regular degree program
- Master’s Degree Program: 3 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 2 years of a degree program
- Research Program: 6 Months or 1 Year
Benefits of the Korean Government Scholarship 2024:
The fully-funded scholarship in South Korea covers all expenses of the selected students. The scholarship will cover:
- Airfare (Return Air Ticket)
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea)
- Monthly Allowance: (Degree Program) 900,000 KRW per month, (Research Program) 1,500,000 KRW per month
- Research Allowance
- Liberal Arts and Social Science majors: 210,000 KRW per semester
- Natural Science and Engineering majors: 240,000 KRW per semester
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee: Fully covered
- Degree Program Tuition: Fully covered
- Research Support Fees
- Medical Insurance will be covered.
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
Eligibility Criteria of Global Korea Scholarship 2024 in South Korea:
- All international students can apply.
- Korean citizens are not eligible to apply.
- A candidate applying for a graduate program must be under the age of 40 years.
- Master’s Program Applicant: Must hold a bachelor‟s degree or a level of education
- equivalent to or higher than a bachelor‟s degree.
- Doctoral Program Applicant: Must hold a master‟s degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a master‟s degree.
- Research Program Applicant: Must have received an invitation from one of the partner universities.
- A person who has already availed of the Korean scholarship is not eligible to apply.
- A candidate should be in good health.
How to Apply for the Global Korea Scholarship 2024?
There are two ways to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2024. Either to the Korean Embassy of your country or directly to the domestic university of Korea.
- While applying to the Korean embassy, a candidate needs to dispatch original or attested documents to the embassy.
- On the other hand, applying directly to the university requires a candidate to submit all documents to the domestic university.
- An applicant applying via the embassy can apply to 3 universities whereas an applicant applying directly to the university can apply only to 1 university.
- Students passing round two of the Embassy track process should not consider it the final selection.
Required Documents for GKS South Korea Scholarship 2024:
- Recommendation letters
- Attested transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Published books
- Certificate of Proficiency
- Medical Assessment form
- Every country’s Korean embassy and the domestic university have different deadlines, so hurry up and apply as soon as possible.