Swedish Institute Scholarships are one of the best and competitive scholarship programs in the world. Swedish Government is welcoming highly talented students to pursue their post-graduate studies on a fully-funded master’s scholarship. All students will be making long-lasting relationships with Sweden and its culture.
All students would be intended to study for a full-time master’s program for one or two years. The Swedish Government Scholarships are available for about 600 master’s programs in top universities of Sweden. All candidates will be funded during the scholarship period not beyond that time period. This SI scholarship is for the ambitious future leaders who are eager to contribute to the sustainable development goals and to their societies as well.
Swedish Institute Scholarships will not only cover the tuition fee but also providing medical insurance, and living expenses throughout the program. The Swedish Institute is offering approximately 350 scholarships to international students. Moreover, all awardees will get the membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL). This would assist the students to develop the leadership skills and to be good professionals.
There are two types of SI scholarships are available for international students; Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals and Swedish Institute Scholarships for South Africa (SISSA) (Visit the official website for more information about SISSA). In this article, we are sharing information about the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals.
Swedish Institute Scholarships (SISGP) 2021:
- Sweden Institute
- The SI Swedish Institute scholarship is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Master’s Degree Programs
Fields of Study:
- Here is the list of eligible Master’s Programmes Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) Academic Year 2020/2021
- 1 to 2 years duration of the program
No. of Swedish Institute Scholarships 2021:
- Approximately 350 International Scholarships in Sweden
Benefits of the Swedish Institute Scholarships (SISGP) 2021:
- The full tuition fee waiver will be provided.
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000 per month will be provided.
- Medical insurance will be granted to the students.
- Traveling grant from SEK 10,000 TO 15,000 will be provided.
- After graduation, awardees will be provided with access to the SI Alumni Network.
Eligibility Criteria of Swedish Institute Scholarships 2021(SISIGP):
- A candidate must be a citizen of the above mentioned eligible countries.
- A candidate must be enrolled in a master’s program in an eligible Swedish University before 9th April 2021.
- A candidate must have a minimum of 3,000-hour work experience.
- A candidate must have leadership experience.
- A candidate must be willing to be a full-time student.
- A candidate must be mentally and physically fit.
- Candidates will be prioritized according to the subject areas.
Eligible Countries for SISGP 2021:
- Myanmar (Burma)
- Sri Lanka
Required Documents for Swedish Scholarship 2021:
- Motivation letter
- Letters of reference
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- Copy of your valid passport
How to apply for the Master’s Program in Sweden?
- Before applying for the scholarship, candidates are directed to apply for university admission in the master’s program.
- You can select any 4 eligible programs
- Once an applicant submits his or her admission application, he will receive a personal application number.
- A candidate must save this application number for applying to the Global Professional Program (Swedish Institute Scholarship).
- All candidates must submit the required documents and university admission application fee before 1st February 2021.
How to Apply for the Global Professional Scholarship 2021?
- After the successful submission of the university admission application, candidates can apply for the Global Professional Scholarship.
- Candidates can apply online via the official website.
- The application should be filled with correct information and required documents.
When You will Receive Notification for University Admission:
- University admission will be notified by 9th April 2021.
- Candidates whose admission gets confirmed will only be considered for the scholarship.
- Candidates who will be on the waiting list will not be considered.
Announcement of SI scholarship recipients:
- By 28 April 2021, the successful candidates who will be finalized for the scholarship would be announced.
- Emails will be sent to the selected candidates from 28 to 30 April 2021.
- Applicants can apply for university admission from 16 October 2020 to 15 January 2021.
- Applicants can apply for the Global Professional Scholarship from 8 February to 20 February 2021.