Call for application for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships 2020. The Australian Government Scholarships 2020 are offered to both domestic and international students. The selected students will be studying the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) and Masters by Research/Master of Philosophy (MPhil) at the University of Sydney.
The Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships in Australia are provided by the Australian government are offered to support both domestic and international students undertaking postgraduate research degrees.
The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1850, it is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the world’s leading universities. The university is colloquially known as one of Australia’s sandstone universities
Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships Details:
- University of Sydney
For Webinars and informative videos, Subscribe Scholarships Corner Youtube Channel
- Master Degree
- Doctorate (Ph.D.)
Fields of Study:
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Architecture, Design, and Planning
- Education and Social Work
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Medicine and Health
You can Check the Full List of Courses (CLICK HERE)
- University Tuition Fee.
- Free Accommodation.
- A stipend of $27,596 per Annum.
- Medical Funds (Paid sick leave).
- Airfare ($1,250 travel from their home country to Sydney at the commencement of studies and up to $1,250 for travel to return to their home country after successful completion of studies.).
- Reimbursement Funds up to $420 for Masters candidates and up to $840 for Doctoral candidates.
- Paid maternity leave.
- Research funds also offer.
Check and Apply for the Harvard University MBA Scholarships 2020 in the USA – Apply Now
RTP Scholarship (Domestic)
- RTP Fees Offset Scholarships: offered to domestic students with an unconditional offer to undertake a higher degree by research course at the University of Sydney. This scholarship is supported by the Australian government and provides tuition fees.
- RTP Stipend Scholarships: awarded to students of exceptional research potential to undertake a higher degree by research at an Australian university. These Australian government scholarships are provided to assist with general living costs.
- University of Sydney Postgraduate Awards (UPA): similar to the RTP Scholarships in terms of tenure and benefits. Eligible RTP applicants are automatically considered for these awards.
RTP Scholarship (International)
- RTP Scholarship scheme: funded by the Australian Government, this scholarship provides tuition fees offset and stipend to high quality international postgraduate students who wish to enroll in a research degree at Australian universities. Applications are assessed on academic merit and research potential.
- University of Sydney International Scholarship (UsydIS): this also covers tuition fees and provides a stipend. Those under consideration for an RTP Scholarship will automatically be considered for a UsydIS Scholarship.
In most cases, to apply for a master’s by research or a Master of Philosophy, you need to have one of the following:
- a bachelor’s degree with first or second-class honors from the University of Sydney or another approved institution
- an equivalent qualification that demonstrates sufficient research experience and capability.
Ph.D. Research Program:
To apply for a Ph.D., you need to demonstrate sufficient prior research experience and capability. In most cases, you will have either:
- a bachelor’s degree with first or upper second class honors or
- a master’s degree performed at a high academic standard, and which includes a substantial component of research
- an equivalent qualification that demonstrates research experience, excellence, and capability.
These are the minimum requirements for eligibility but they do not guarantee admission. That remains at the discretion of the Associate Dean (Higher Degree by Research) for the faculty.
- Final Research Proposal
- Official Academic Transcripts in the Original Language and English Translation.
- English Language Qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
- Domestic Students will need a passport or birth certificate or citizenship certificate.
- Part-Time Statement if applying for part-time study (domestic)
- Evidence that a primary supervisor has agreed to supervise you. This could be a copy of the email correspondence showing the staff member’s agreement to supervise you.
- Two referee report (pdf, 113.97KB)
- Any other documents, such as a portfolio of work or audition, specified in the course listing for your degree
For more info about documents Please Check Here
Check and Apply for the Adelaide International Scholarships in Australia 2020-21 – Fully Funded Scholarship in 2020
How to Apply for Australian Scholarships?
Follow these steps to apply for a research degree as a domestic or international research student.
- Choose your course
- Check the entry requirements
- Develop your research proposal
- Find a supervisor
- Reviews fees and search for scholarships
- Gather required documentation
- Submit your application online
- While applications are open for the University of Sydney Scholarship all year round, it is recommended that you submit your HDR admission by October to receive an outcome by February.
Note: For more Amazing & Fully-Funded national and international opportunities, visit our website scholarshipscorner.website and Follow us on Facebook Page, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Youtube Channel, and Telegram.