McDonald Fellowships 2023 is an amazing opportunity launched by the Multiple Sclerosis International Federation. Are you a resident of a low or middle-income country? Are you studying or working on the project in low or middle-income countries? Is your field of study relevant to multiple sclerosis? Do you want to work in a research institution outside your own country? Do you want to work with an international organization while staying in your home country due to the COVID-19 travel restrictions? This fully-funded fellowship has been designed for candidates who fulfill the above questioning criteria. The participants are encouraged to become a part of this fellowship while helping them gain expertise in their proposed research projects.
The fully-funded international fellowship 2023 is tremendous for candidates who cannot afford to get research experience in global dynamics. This opportunity expects the candidates to utilize the newly developed expertise and networks required to undertake MS research and patient care in low and middle-income countries. If the students have been enrolled in a research institution and cannot afford the dues, this fellowship opportunity will help you pay your dues. The fellowships are of two types; one fellowship is awarded in partnership with ECTRIMS (European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis) and is known as MSIF-ECTRIMS McDonald Fellowship. Another fellowship is awarded in partnership with ARSEP and is known as MSIF-ARSEP McDonald Fellowship.
The McDonalds Fellowship 2023 is aimed at helping individuals get aware of the types of MS, Causes of MS, symptoms of MS, and other related advanced knowledge in a more profound way. The barriers to accessing MS healthcare and its improved treatment are wide-ranging and complex and vary from one country to another. Although some of these challenges can be overcome locally; however, the interconnected world demands a feasible and globally sustainable solution for this cause. To achieve this purpose, MSIF is focused on working with national MS organizations to provide a solid action plan to address MS healthcare challenges. Thus, your active association with the organization will help you understand the tools, techniques, and equipment required from diagnosis to treatment.
The global opportunity on research projects is surrounded by the mission of MSIF, which states that everyone should be brought together to improve the quality of life of everyone victimized by MS. The MSIF is based on the five critical aims it wants to achieve over the next few years. First is the positive change in attitudes, policies, and practices. The second is confident and informed decision-making. The third is greater scientific understanding and treatments. Fourth is improved access to health care and treatment. The Fifth is to build a more robust and broader MSIF movement. To achieve these aims, MSIF has established an advanced system, filled up gaps in the global research workforce, developed methods to measure research impact, increased funding of MS research, strengthened the MS organizations and other related networks
McDonald Fellowships 2023:
- Can be a Neighbouring country or the participant’s home country
- Institute can be outside the home country or institute of the participant’s home country
Eligible Degree Level:
Duration of 2023 McDonald Fellowship:
- 2 years
Benefits of McDonald Fellowships 2023:
- The fellowship will provide around £30,000 GBP per year. The amount will be used to cover travel and living costs.
- an additional contribution of £2,000 GBP per year to the host institution
- Enrich the knowledge of Multiple Sclerosis.
- Helps come up with effective possible solutions to overcome MS.
- Professional development is ensured.
- International collaboration is encouraged.
- Social networking is enhanced.
Eligibility Criteria of McDonald Fellowships 2023:
- Applicant must be educated to Postgraduate (Ph.D. and Master’s, including MSc or MD) in an area related to multiple sclerosis.
- Citizens of a low or middle-income country (as defined by the World Bank).
- Working or studying in a low or middle-income country (as defined by World Bank).
- The area of research should be relevant to multiple sclerosis.
- Studying in another country on a project, supported by an MSIF grant.
- Working on a project in a research institute or hospital abroad or in-home country or working on a virtual project.
- You can check eligibility by searching for the field of work or discipline available on the website.
How to Apply For McDonald Fellowships 2023?
- Students have to apply through the official website of MSIF.
- First, check the eligibility.
- Ensure to provide the supporting documents, required for the application form.
- Ensure to fill up the required fields.
- Complete your application form carefully and submit it.
Selection Criteria for the MS Fully-Funded Fellowship 2023:
- The decision of the Panel of MSF’s McDonald Fellowship.
Documents required for the McDonald Fellowships 2023:
- Supporting statement.
- Details of 3 referees, including the applicant’s supervisor or employer.
- Study plan in case of the virtual association.
- The application deadline for the fellowship is till June 30, 2023.