Call for applications for the YES Program Pakistan 2020-21 in USA. The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program is the most amazing and exciting exchange program for Pakistani Students. The YES Exchange Program is a fully-funded exchange program and is funded by the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, give secondary school students in 39 countries an opportunity to study at American high schools and live with American host families for one academic year. Youth Exchange Program is one of the best exchange programs in the world. The duration of the fully-funded scholarship in the USA is one year.
Students are enrolled in a full academic year of high school study in the US, attending classes, labs and extracurricular activities with their American classmates. YES, students also participate in special enrichment activities, including community service, youth leadership training, a civic education program and other activities that develop a well-rounded understanding of American culture through interaction with diverse groups of Americans. Likewise, participating students act as cultural ambassadors to their American host communities, becoming invaluable resources for Americans, whose contact with YES students provides them with an opportunity to learn about the rich and vibrant culture of students’ home countries.
All YES exchange students are placed with American host families for one academic year and attend American high school for one academic session. These placements are done by a group of the US-based student exchange organizations that are well-reputed and are approved by the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
YES Program Pakistan 2020-21 Details:
- United States of America
- 1 year
- The program is fully sponsored and the scholarship covers all major costs like Airfare, US Visa Fee, boarding and lodging in the U.S.A., School Tuition and a $125 a month stipend.
- Pakistani citizen who resides in Pakistan.
- Secondary school students in their home country (Pakistan) who are currently (the Academic year 2019- 20) enrolled in 9th or 10th grade or ‘O’ Levels students. (Note for O’ Level Students: Only O’ Level 9th grade or O’ Level 10th grade students are eligible to apply. O’ Level 11th graders are not eligible)
- Minimum 15 years of age and not older than 17 years on August 1, 2020. (born between 1 August
2003 to 1 August 2005)
- Minimum 60% marks in all major/core subjects (English, Mathematics, Sciences) in the last class
attended; overall minimum average 60% marks for the past three years. (Students with a gap year or a repeated year are not eligible.)
- Can communicate in English. Minimum 60% marks in English exam during the past three years
(2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19).
- Have not traveled to the United States.
Note: Minimum 60% marks in all subjects in the examination that will be held before departure to the U.S.A. (The annual exams that will be held in 2020). Students will be required to send their mark sheets of the last examination when they receive the mark sheets.
Students who meet the following in addition to the above criteria are likely to be short listed for the final round of selection.
- Pass Entry Test.
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, adaptability, good character and scholastic aptitude.
- Willingness to participate in the host family’s daily life.
- Record of all necessary immunizations, as outlined in the Student Application, before arriving in the U.S.A.
- Should demonstrate flexibility and a commitment to promoting cross-cultural understanding.
- Agreement to attend classes as a full-time student and maintain at least a ‘B’ Grade average in an American high school.
- Willingness and agreement to abide by the ‘YES Student Rules’ as outlined in the YES Student Application and all other rules and policies during the program.
- Know and practice Pakistani culture and values, and able to represent the same in the U.S. schools and communities.
- Meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements (for instance, the U.S. citizens are not eligible for J-1 visa)
Our Recent YES Program Pakistan Live Session with YES Alumuna 2016 on our Facebook Page. Your all questions are answered on this Session about YES Pakistan test and interview questions
- Attach Photocopy of NADRA ‘BAY’ form (فارم ب (or NADRA Birth Certificate or NADRA Family Registration
- Certificate (FRC) or Smart Card. (No other document will be accepted other than NADRA issued)
- Attach complete photocopies of mark sheets of the last 3 years. All mark sheets photocopies must be clear, readable and have school’s name, student’s name, class and academic years. If you have not received the last (2018-19) examination board mark sheet, you must attach last school exams mark sheet. All mark sheets must be attested by the school Principal. Incomplete photocopies of mark sheets will not be considered.
- Preliminary Applications without student’s signature, parent’s signature or Principal’s signature and seal WILL NOT be accepted.
- Applications received without complete required documents WILL NOT be accepted.
Application Process for YES Pakistan 2019 – 2020:
STEP-1 Preliminary Application
Students who fulfill the Selection Criteria and agree to the Parent-Student Agreement and General Program Rules can apply for the scholarship.
Students who are eligible according to the Selection Criteria but their schools are not interested in participating in the YES program can apply independently. They can download the Preliminary Applications from the website and submit along with all the required documents via courier or mail.
Please do not send any original documents. Any documents submitted are not returned. Only send the photocopies of the documents mentioned in the Preliminary Application.
The participating schools/organizations must collect fully completed Preliminary Applications with all required documents from students and submit the applications and required documents to the iEARN Center, Karachi.
STEP-2 Entry Test
- After the initial Preliminary Application screening, short listed applicants will be notified for YES Entry Test (proctored essays) through letters sent to their address mentioned in the Preliminary Applications.
- Students who pass the Entry Test will be sent/couriered Interview letters with YES Final Applications.
- Students will be required to fill up the YES Final Application and appear in Interviews. (Students must come with completed YES Final Application along with required documents.)
- Students who get through the interview will be required to take the English Language Proficiency Test.
Female students, students with physical disabilities and students from non-elite and government schools who meet the criteria are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for YES Program 2020?
Completed applications can be submitted to the school and the school can send them to SIE Office, Karachi. Students who are eligible according to the Selection Criteria but their schools are not interested in forwarding the YES Preliminary Applications can courier their applications independently to SIE Office, Karachi.
Society for International Education (SIE)
88-H, P.E.C.H.S. Block-6, Karachi-75400, Sindh, Pakistan.
- Write YES 2020 – 21 on the top of the application envelope.
- Make sure you provide all correct and accurate information. If anything is found incorrect after verification, the application will not be accepted.
- This is a Preliminary Application, the completed application form will be issued after the clearance of Entry Test.
- The acceptance of this form does not ensure the acceptance in the YES program.
- Visit www.yespk.org or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/YESProgramPakistanOfficial for details and updates.
- Applications will NOT be accepted except sent by courier / postal service.
Selection Process for YES 2019 – 2020:
- Final selection of students will be based on Entry Test, Interview, neatly filled completed YES Final Application with all required documents and ELTiS test score.
- The finalists will be notified by a letter and Scholarship Acceptance form from the YES Program Director.
Keep checking the announcement section of YES website or facebook page for updates and information.
Important Note: Providing any false/forged documents or information or any discrepancy found at any stage of the selection process will result in disqualification of the applicant.
88-H, P.E.C.H.S, Block-6, Karachi-75400, Sindh, Pakistan.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.yespk.org
- The last date to apply for YES Program Pakistan is 25th September 2019.