Global Korea Scholarship GKS 2023 is a Korean Government Scholarship Program for international students to pursue undergraduate degrees in higher education institutions in South Korea. The aim of this 2023 Global Korea Scholarship for Undergraduate Degrees is to create goodwill and strengthen the mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries. This Korean scholarship program is one of the biggest and most competitive scholarship programs in the world
The 2023 GKS undergraduate scholarship is accepting applications for bachelor’s degree programs and associate degree programs. International students from all over the globe can apply for this international scholarship program. The Korean Government provides a total of 200 scholarships to students from more than 150 countries. The 2022 GKS was previously known as the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP).
Why Study in Korea? There are many reasons to study in South Korea. The main and most important reason is that the educational institutions of South Korea are among the list the world’s top institutions. Besides, Korea has a highly advanced education system, rich culture, and stunning scenery. Moreover, the systematic support programs from the government, high employment opportunities, and high quality of life are some basic attractions to come to Korea for higher studies. South Korea also provides numerous scholarships for international students to pursue their studies in Korea for free.
There are two ways to apply for KGSP 2023; Embassy Track and University Track. Through GKS Embassy Track, the Korean Government will select 200 international students for the bachelor’s degree programs. Through GKS University Track, the Korean Government will select 119 international students while though Embassy Track the Korean Government will select 81 students. Each embassy or university has a different deadline. Further details to apply for this scholarship successfully are elaborated in the following paragraphs.
Global Korea Scholarship GKS 2023 for Undergraduate Students:
- Korean Government
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Associate Degree
- 5~7 years of Bachelor’s Degree Scholarship (Korean language program for 1 year)
- 3~4 years of Associate Degree Scholarship (Korean language program for 1 year)
No. of KGPS Scholarships in Korea:
- 200 Undergraduate Scholarships in Korea for International Students
Global Korea Scholarship Benefits 2023:
- The scholarship cover full tuition fees.
- A free return air ticket.
- Settlement Allowance will be provided, 200,000 KRW
- A monthly Allowance will be provided, 900,000 KRW
- The scholarship will cover the fee of 1-Year Korean Language Training.
- University Admission fees waiver
- National Health Insurance will be provided.
- Korean Proficiency Grants will be provided, 100,000 KRW/month
- Degree Completion Grants will be provided once, 100,000 KRW
Check Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship in Australia
Eligibility Criteria of the Global Korea Scholarship GKS 2023?
- The candidate must be a citizen of Global Korea Scholarship partner countries.
- The candidate should not hold Korean citizenship or dual citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree Program or Associate Degree Program; The candidates must have graduated from high or are expected to graduate by February 28, 2023.
- The candidates who have an associated degree or are expected to graduate by Feb 28, 2023, can only apply for the bachelor’s degree.
- The candidates must be under 25 years of age.
- The candidates must be in good health.
- A candidate should maintain his GPA in order to sustain the scholarship.
For more information, must-read 2023 GKS-U Application Guidelines
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarship for International Students 2022?
Through Embassy Track, the candidates must apply through the Embassy of South Korea in their own countries. The embassy will select the candidate and ask the candidate to apply to some university and nominate you as its GKS candidate and will send the nomination to NIIED, but the final selection will be done by the NIIED.
Through University Track, the candidates must apply directly to the university. The university nominates you as a 2023 GKS candidate and will send your nomination to NIIED, as the final decision will be taken by the NIIED.
Required Documents for GKS Undergraduate Scholarship 2023:
- GKS-U Applicant Form
- Personal Statement (Learn how to write a Personal Statement)
- Study Plan
- TWO letters of Recommendation
- GKS Applicant Agreement
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Proof of Citizenship
- Certificate of Graduation
- High school Grade Transcripts
- Proof of Age
- Proof of Overseas Korean
- Proof of Korean Citizenship Renunciation Document
- Awards and other certificates (Optional)
- Certificate of valid TOPIK score (Optional)
- Certificate of valid English Proficiency Test (Optional)
- Applicant’s Passport Copy (Optional)
- Proof of Korean War Veterans‟s Descendants (ONLY for descendants of Korean War Veterans)
Check List of best Scholarships in Canada 2023
Global Korea Scholarship Application Deadline:
- For Embassy track criteria, candidates need to take an update from the Korean embassy in their home country, as they all have different application deadlines.
- For University track criteria, candidates need to take an update from eligible universities for GKS from the official website.