The UBC Fellowships in Canada welcome the world’s leading scientist with innovative perspectives about resolving new challenges facing by different communities, leading scientific and societal ground-breaking discoveries. The University of Brtish Columbia is one of the best 100 universities in the entire world to nominate international candidates.
The University of British Columbia, Canada providing Schmidt Science Fellowships, seeking for a new generation of scientific leaders. Its mission to provide a huge platform to the world’s best aspiring minds with the ability to contribute to interdisciplinary projects with an effort to leave a lasting impact on the community. Fellows will get a deep understanding of how to advance scientific discovery by attending international workshops and individualized mentoring.
UBC fellows must have a desire and spirit to work across scientific disciplines and with diverse teams. Fellows should undertake a post-doctoral placement for one year. After completing a Ph.D. in one of the eligible subjects, a Fellow can successfully commence his or her fellowship at UBC. According to the Ph.D. disciplinary topic, fellow’s placement would be considered. International renowned labs and the world’s best scientific leaders. Fellows will get assistance from the program to achieve success in their scientific research. To ensure that every fellow is growing, a stimulating, rewarding, and challenging environment.
UBC Fellowships are looking for the glowing minds in the field of computer, natural sciences, engineering, and mathematics who are interested in expanding their knowledge. Strong command on scientific research while Ph.D., desire to broaden the horizons and intellectual curiosity are the key aspects that are supposed to be found in the participants. In order to make lasting differences, the candidate must be committed to resolving global and societal challenges.
UBC Fellowships in Canada 2020 Details:
- The University of British Columbia
- Will get reimbursed 4 residential meetings around the globe
- A stipend: $100,000 for a year.
- Natural Sciences
The eligibility criteria of the Schmidt Science Fellows program is given below:
- Canadian, Permanent Resident, and International candidate.
- Candidate must hold a graduate degree in Computing, Engineering, Natural Sciences (Earth Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy, Biology including Neurobiology).
- Must complete a Ph.D. or expected to be completed between 1st May to 30 June 2020. ( Ph.D. has to be done from UBC).
- Must be available for the entire period from the July 2020- July 2021, including Global Meeting.
- Extraordinary achievement record.
- Alignment with the fellowship program.
- Scientific Ambitions and curiosity.
- Innovative ideas and spirit.
- CV of the candidate mentioning publications (three pages).
- Statement of Purpose from the candidate (one page).
- The proposal from the candidate (two pages).
A committee to review the applications from the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies will select participants.
- Applications are likely o be closed in July 2020.
Note: For more Amazing & Fully-Funded national and international opportunities, visit our Facebook Page, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube Channel, Telegram, and our scholarshipscorner.website.