Senior Applied Fellowship Program is an outstanding opportunity for graduates from universities or higher technical institutes to excel in applied sciences, computing, and engineering. CERN fellowship provides a chance to the MSc and PhD graduates who have 4 to 10 years of work experience in related fields to learn more about the interaction of particles and laws of nature. The fully-funded fellowship in Switzerland intends to provide the fellows world-class work experience in a research group at CERN.
CERN is a European Organization for Nuclear Research where physicists and engineers probe the fundamental structure of the universe. CERN is home to the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments and through this fully funded senior fellowship program, the fellows will be receiving experience in such a rich scientific culture. The organization is based on acknowledging diversity and thus it unites people from all over the world to forward the edges of science and technology to the next level of the horizon for the benefit of all. The CERN fellows with the whole research team will help to uncover the secrets of the universe about its existence and its work.
CERN Senior Applied Fellowship Program 2021-22 helps the international fellows to become a part of the organization in fulfilling the organizational goals such as discovery through science, technological innovation, diversity and bringing nations together, and inspiration and education. Moreover, the fellows will learn to be a politically neutral voice for science and how to formulate an evidence-based policy. CERN aims at training a new generation of sciencetists and researchers for a better future. In this regard, CERN calls the senior fellows who have shown tremendous achievements during their work and academic years to this fully-funded international fellowship. Moreover, the organization has developed links with different industries for the sake of transfer of knowledge from CERN to industry, so this is a stepping stone for talented researchers and scientists to merge into the pool of great industries as well.
The international senior applied fellows at CERN will gain excellence in their fields by researching through a unique range of particle accelerator facilities. Since its birth in 1954, has been a central example of international collaboration due to its diverse nature. The CERN fellows through this fellowship will have the experience and an opening towards the international diversity as well as the diversity in this universe. The following article is a complete guide about all other financial benefits besides the above-mentioned benefits along with the eligibility criteria and procedure to apply. Thus, the CERN Senior Applied Fellowship Program is one of those opportunities which must not be missed.
CERN Senior Applied Fellowship Program 2021-22:
- CERN (European Council for Nuclear Research)
- 6 months to 36 months
Financial Support of the CERN Fellowship:
- A monthly stipend of 7201 to 8178 Swiss Franc will be given.
- Membership of the CERN Pension Fund will be provided.
- Health insurance to the fellows, their spouses, or their children will be covered by the CERN’s comprehensive health scheme.
- An installation grant will be given.
- Family, child, and infant allowance will be provided.
- Travel expenses will be covered. (To and from Geneva)
- A paid leave of 2.5 days will be granted every month.
- An employment contract will be signed from 6-36 months.
Eligibility Criteria of the CERN Senior Applied Fellowship 2021-22:
- The applicant must be a national CERN Member or the Associate Member States.
- A limited number of positions will also be granted to the candidates who are from non-member states.
- The candidate must be a PhD scholar or have at least 4 years of relevant experience in case the candidate holds an MSc degree.
- The candidate must not have experience of more than 10 years after the completion of MSc.
- CERN staff members cannot apply.
How to Apply for CERN Senior Applied Fellowship 2021-22?
- The application must be submitted online.
- All the documents must be in Pdf format.
- The candidate must have an updated CV.
- Three letters of recommendation are required which must elaborate the candidate’s academic or professional achievements.
- The letters of recommendation must not be older than one year at the time of the deadline of the application.
- The candidate must provide the certificate of most relevant recent qualification.
- The application deadline for the CERN international Fellowship 2021-22 in Switzerland is 1 September 2021 at noon (12:00 CEST).