World Bank Young Professionals Program 2023-24 is an exceptional opportunity for youth to start their professional career in an international organization. From all over the globe and from multiple academic and professional backgrounds, the young professional is recruited in WGP YPP 2023. The candidates who exhibit formidable and first-rate passion towards international development coupled with the marvelous potential to get transformed into dynamic, inspirational, and effective leaders are the priority for this international opportunity. Moreover, the applicants who are in coherence with the World Bank Group’s mission throughout their academics are more likely to be selected.
World Bank is an organization of 189 countries and a ramification of the Bretton Woods system the World Bank Group is an exclusive partnership of five global institutions which are working for the fulfillment of sustainable development. The young professional program, thus, opens new vistas of learning and growing for the recruits. Through this five years work contract with the World Bank Group, young professionals will be provided with multifarious financial products and financial assistance. All individuals from diverse cultural, academic, and professional backgrounds are welcome to apply to this leadership development program.
The two-year leadership development program that is at the start of a five-year employment contract in the World Bank Group is an outcome of the merger of the young professional program of the World Bank and the young professional program of the International Finance Corporation. So, this very new international young leadership development program recruits individuals on behalf of three basic institutions: the World Bank Group, the International Finance Corporation, and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency. These three globally working institutions have a common goal which is to develop future leaders for a joint global impact.
Young Professionals from World Bank will continue their journey of intensive training on the job and in the classroom from Washington DC. In this two-year leadership development program, all the candidates will learn the impactful leadership skills that will change the development course of the world. The key features of this opportunity in World Bank Group are professional experience, leadership development, global rotation, training on policies, networking events, job placement, and many more. Besides all these skills and learning benefits, this global recruitment of young professionals has financial benefits as well. The following article comprehensively discusses every aspect of the application ranging from eligibility criteria to deadlines of the application along with all the benefits of this World Bank Group young professionals program 2023.
World Bank Young Professionals Program 2023-24:
- The World Bank Group
WBG YPP Duration:
- 2 years
Benefits of the World Bank Young Professionals Program:
- A competitive salary based on academic qualifications and experience will be given.
- The World Bank Group provides the benefit of basic life and accident insurance to the recruits at no cost.
- A pension plan for the recruits.
- WBG pays relocation costs upon appointment.
- WBG pays resettlement benefits upon the end of employment.
- Mobility premium with visa processing and residency status is paid to expatriate staff.
- Paid leaves are granted to the staff. i.e.
- 26 days annual leave
- 15 days of annual sick leave
- Potential leave (100 days for the primary caretaker and 50 days for the secondary caretaker.
- At the workplace, the health service department, fitness center, child care, and lactation room are available.
Eligibility Criteria of the World Bank Young Professionals Program:
- The candidate must not be born before October 1, 1990.
- The candidate must have a master’s or doctoral degree in a relevant field.
- The applicant’s field of specialization must be in coherence with the young professional’s program business area. ( YPP Business Areas)
- The candidate must have relevant work experience or must enroll in a doctoral program.
- The applicant must be proficient and fluent in English.
- Candidates from World Bank Group member countries and from countries of operation will be preferred.
Requirements for WBG YPP 2023-2024:
Besides the above-discussed eligibility criteria, there are some academic as well as work experience-related requirements. These requirements are as follows.
For World Bank Recruitments
- The relevant master’s degree of the candidate must be completed by September 2023.
- The relevant PhD degree must be completed before September 2024.
- The candidates must have studied in the fields given in the list of the World Bank Group study areas.
- The candidate must have more than 3 years of work experience in relevant fields or must be in continued studies in PhD in equivalence.
For IFC and MIGA Recruitments
- The applicant must have completed the graduate degree before September 2024.
- The field of study of the applicant should be related to the IFC and MIGA business areas.
- More than 4 years of work experience in relevant fields is required.
- The relevant fields of experience are finance, political risk insurance, credit enhancement, project or program development, economic development, or consulting.
- CFA certificates are plus points.
Required Documents for the WBG YPP 2023-24
- A comprehensive CV/Resume is required.
- A short essay must be written.
- For World Bank candidates, a summary of the thesis or dissertation is required.
- Three letters of recommendation either academic or professional.
- Diploma or degree certificate.
- Proof of enrollment along with the expected graduation date (if applicable).
How to apply for the World Bank Young Professionals Program?
- Before starting the application, make sure you met all the eligibility criteria and have all the required documents.
- The application must be completed within a 90-minute session. Once the session starts it is impossible to save the application to process after a while.
- The candidate has to select one of the three institutions according to their skills and academic backgrounds. The three institutions are (WB, IFC, and MIGA).
- No duplicate application will be entertained.
- A short essay must be written in 750 words or 4,500 characters or less.
- How can the World Bank Group help our country’s clients support and reach a green, resilient, and inclusive development? Please include rebuilding on progress lost on the WBG’s twin goals over the past few years, as it relates to your area of work.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for virtual interviews for further process.
- The candidates will be assessed on a time-based computer-based financial test during their recruitment process.
- To start the WBG YPP application, click the Apply now button below.
There are two different deadlines for the application.
- Applications Open for all World Bank, IFC and MIGA profiles: June 03 – July 31, 2022.
- For IFC and MIGA profiles only: August 15 – September 30