After the huge success of Salamti Fellowship Program – Cohort I & II, Shaoor Foundation for Education and Awareness is coming back with Cohort – III. Salamti Fellowship Program: SFP is an extensive 1-week long fully funded tech-free residential fellowship program for the peace seekers aged between 18-35 years from all across Pakistan, from 30th November till 6th December 2019. It’s an amazing opportunity if you wish to do something impactful for people of this country and explore yourself. We have all sorted it out for you to take up the responsibility.
Through this platform, AmnQalaab is giving you a chance to refine your skills for making a difference and for limiting the ever-increasing tide of exclusivity. So gear up to be a part of such phenomenal fellowship that no one wants to miss!!
Fellows will be students, social leaders and peace seekers who would be willing to work as Master Trainers. They would also be actively engaged in peacebuilding activities in respective districts. The idea is to provide enough knowledge, experience, expertise, motivation and support network linked with peace experts and mentors that could create an ecosystem of peace-builders who would play their part in their particular communities. The alumni of Program as master trainers would provide guidance to ‘newcomers.
Peace Without Borders (Pakistan) is an independent initiative from the platform of Shaoor Foundation for Education and Awareness that focuses on Countering Violent Extremism (CVE), Building a Counter-Narrative (Peace Narrative) in the Pakistani Society, Peace Education based on Compassion, All Inclusiveness, and Nonviolence (CAN)
The idea of Peace without Borders was conceived in May 2015 and it’s informal phase was launched and registered on 16th December 2015 at SFEA’s head office in Islamabad. Building and emerging from a powerful and established platform of SFEA, Peace Without Borders would work both nationally and internationally connecting the peace builders and seekers at one common platform. The long-term goal of the PWB is to make one global platform where peace seekers and developers from around the world could connect and share their efforts.
Salamti Fellowship Program 2019 Details:
- Shaoor Foundation for Education and Awareness (SFEA)
- 7 Days
- The peace fellowship in Pakistan will start from 30th November till 6th December 2019
NO. OF PARTICIPANTS:
- Shaoor Foundation for Education and Awareness (SFEA) will be responsible for managing all the accommodation related arrangements of the selected participants.
- Partial travel allowance (amount to be disclosed at a later stage) will be provided to all the selected participants by Shaoor Foundation, rest of the contribution will be on their own.
The eligibility criteria of the Salamti Fellowship in Pakistan is given below:
- be under the age of 35;
- must be interested in the topic of peacebuilding and tolerance;
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university/organizations and community activities;
- must have completed the online Self Peace Development Course;
- must have submitted the detailed Salamti Fellowship Cohort-II Application Form;
- must have undertaken one special assignment that would include a community engagement driven activity on the subjects of peace and Countering Violent Extremism (CVE);
- must appear in the final interview (telephonic/skype/in-person).
- must be willing and be able to fully participate in the 7-day peace fellowship.
If you have any questions, please click on FAQs
How to Apply for Salamti Fellowship Program 2019?
Please note that application form is necessary to qualify for Salamti Fellowship Program Cohort – III which has a specific deadline. However, online Self Peace Development is optional for personal development and to provide basic knowledge regarding our themes. You can take up and complete the online course anytime.
Click Here to access the online Self Peace Development Course:
For online application form Click on the Apply Now button given below.
What will increase our chances of selection?
The increased chance of your selection for the fellowship depends on a number of components. from filling out the Online Self Peace Development Course and Salamti Fellowship Cohort-II Application Form. Once this is done, the shortlisted candidates would be required to carry out one Special Assignment activity to increase their chances of selection. Furthermore, preference would be given to individuals who already have an on-ground presence through their initiatives or affiliated with some organization working for peace, tolerance, social justice and in other related domains. The prior related experience will help you to replicate the learned strategies in your communities, but this doesn’t mean you can’t apply. It is strongly recommended that even if you don’t have prior experience, but a passion for peacebuilding – you should apply.
- Deadline for Salamti Fellowship Online Application Form Cohort-III submission is 5thOctober, 2019, 11:59 PM.