The Malaysian International Scholarship by the Malaysian Government is now open for applications. The MIS is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. The Malaysian Government Scholarships 2020 for international students aim to support the Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
The International scholarships by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia are offered almost in every field of study. Scholarship holders must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university and degree program, or the scholarship will be withdrawn.
Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for Malaysian master or Ph.D. scholarship 2020 and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities.
Malaysian International Scholarship 2020 Details:
- Ministry of Education, Malaysia
Field of studies is in the following priority areas:
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
Note: Applicants may choose any related course within the field/areas mentioned above
List of Universities:
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- International Centre For Education In Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
Best international scholarships 2019-20, Fully Funded Scholarships:
Each Malaysian Government scholarship consists of:-
- Approved tuition fees.
- Monthly maintenance allowance.
- Academic qualification :
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Master’s Degree applicant, and
- b. Possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at the Master’s Degree level in a similar field of intended Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) study.
- Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test and must not be more than two years of validity during application. The list of tests and the minimum score required :
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580; or computer-based test with a score of at least 230or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of a medical examination is to be borne by the applicants.
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies.
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the Universities in Malaysia).
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:-
- High-level academic achievement
- The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution to the advancement of technology and human well-being.
- Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in the English Language
General Condition of Award:
- Scholarship holder must undertake full-time studies for postgraduate and post-doctoral studies at a campus of Malaysian Universities. It is the responsibility of the scholarship holders to confirm admission to the university.
- Scholarship holders must not change their program during tenure of the scholarship except with written permission from their university and the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders must follow the approved programs and abide by the university’s rules, regulations and codes of conduct.
- Any suspension from the university will result in immediate suspension of award. Monthly allowances are not payable during suspension, including suspension due to illness.
- It is the responsibility of successful candidates to apply for and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa including medical examination. The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa.
- Scholarship holders must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university and degree program, or the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- The scholarships are tenable in Malaysian universities and research must be carried out in Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders are not allowed to take any paid employment during their tenure unless with written approval from the host university.
How to Apply for Malaysian International Scholarships?
Download all the related documents by visiting the official website and fill the online application form.
Note: Scholarship holder must undertake full-time studies for postgraduate and post-doctoral studies at a campus of Malaysian Universities. It is the responsibility of the scholarship holders to confirm admission to the university.
- The last date to apply for Malaysian Scholarship for international students is September 22, 2019.
Deadline is September 22, 2019