The wait is over. Master’s Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance – PPGG by DAAD Germany: Helmut-Schmidt-Programme 2021 is open now for applications. Fresh and experienced candidates can apply for DAAD Scholarships in Germany.
The main objective of this international master’s scholarship to support international leaders from developing countries who work and want to promote social justice and democracy in the countries.
The scholarship will cover all the expenses of the selected candidates. The scholarship is available for 8 master’s programs in 8 leading universities in Germany.
DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme Details:
- The scholarship is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office
- Master’s Degree
Check & Apply for King Abdulaziz University Scholarship in Saudi Arabia – Fully Funded
Fields of Study:
- Public Policy and Good Governance, social & political science, law, economics,
List of Courses and Universities:
- Master of Public Policy (MPP) (the language of instruction: English, program duration: 4 semesters), Hertie School of Governance, Berlin
- Master of Development and Governance (the language of instruction: English, program duration: 2 semesters), Universität Duisburg-Essen
- Master of Public Policy (MPP) (the language of instruction: English, program duration: 4 semesters), Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt
- (PELP) Public Economics, Law, and Politics (languages of instruction: English and German, program duration: 4 semesters), Leuphana Universität Lüneburg
- Management in Non-ProfitOrganisations (the language of instruction: German, program duration: 4 semesters), Hochschule Osnabrück:
- Master of Democratic Governance and Civil Society (languages of instruction: English and German, program duration: 4 semesters), Universität Osnabrück
- Master of Governance and Public Policy (languages of instruction: English and German, program duration: 4 semesters), Universität Passau
- Master of Public Management (MPM) (the language of instruction: English, program duration: 2 semesters), Universität Potsdam
Read & Apply!
- Schwarzman Scholars Programme 2020-2021 in China – Fully Funded
- 600 Graduate Research Scholarships 2019 in Australia – Fully Funded
The fully-funded daad scholarship in Germany will cover all the expenses of the selected students. Scholarship amount details are given below:
- Monthly Stipend for Master’s Students: 850 €
- Health Insurance will be provided
- Monthly Rent Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Study & Research Subsidy to Students (Where Applicable)
- Spouse and/or Children Allowances
- Allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable
- The candidate will also take a free 6-months-German language course from April 2020 to September 2020.
- Fresh and experienced graduates can apply for this international scholarship
- Candidates must be from Asia, the Middle East, Central, and Latin America, Africa as well as from Ukraine. (Here is the List of Eligible Countries)
- Visit the official website for more information.
Check Stanford University Scholarship in the United States – Fully Funded
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship:
Before starting the application, you must have the following documents.
- DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholarships. The form must be filled electronically edited and hand signed.
- Motivation Letter (One single motivation letter for both Germany Universities). It must be hand-signed and dated.
- Curriculum vitae (Hand-signed and dated)
- Copy of the University Degree (Attach the full explanation of the grading system in your country)
- Copy of the Official Transcript
- Language Certificate (English and/or Germany)
- One Letter of Recommendation by your university professor or current employer
How to Apply for DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme 2021 in Germany?
You can only submit your application form in German or English. Please mention in your application form that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-SchmidtProgramme (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance). You can apply for up to two masters’ degree programs.
Follow the following steps while applying;
Step # 1: Fill the scholarship application properly and clearly. Mention which master’s course is your first choice and which is second in the application form
Step # 2: You will need a write a single motivation letter for both universities programmes you interested in, justifying your first and second choice.
Step # 3: Send the scholarship application form with the necessary documents to any of the two universities mentioned above. Do NOT send your application and documents to DAAD.
DAAD Scholarship Selection Criteria:
- Study or Academic Results so far
- German or English Language skills
- Social engagement & Political
- Convincing and unique explanation of the course-related and personal motivation for the study program in the host country “Germany” and benefit of that program when returning to the home country.
- The application period at all 8 universities lasts from June 1st to July 31st, 2020.