The amazing and prestigious Schwarzman Scholars Programme 2020-2021 in China is now open for applications. Selected candidates will be studying a fully funded one-year Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing – one of China’s most prestigious universities. Students from all over the world are selected for Schwarzman scholarship program to study one of the best universities in China.
Every year, up to 200 Schwarzman Scholars will represent the world’s next generation of leaders — high-caliber individuals with open minds and limitless potential — a network of leaders who will serve as bridges between China and the rest of the world.
Schwarzman Scholars will be selected on the basis of not only their academic aptitude and intellectual ability, but also their leadership potential, entrepreneurial spirit, ability to anticipate and act on emerging trends and opportunities, exemplary character, and desire to understand other cultures, perspectives, and positions.
Students spend a year immersed in an international community of thinkers, innovators and senior leaders in business, politics, and society. In an environment of intellectual engagement, professional development, and cultural exchange, they learn from one another and pursue their academic disciplines while building their leadership capacities. This experience will expand students’ understanding of the world and create a growing network of global leaders that will build strong ties between China and the rest of the world
Schwarzman Scholars Programme Details:
- Master’s Degree
- Tuition Fees
- Room and board
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year
- An in-country study tour
- Required course books and supplies
- Health insurance
- A stipend of $4,000 for personal expenses
- Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year. There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome, but it is important for applicants, regardless of undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help develop their leadership potential within their field.
- Age Requirement.
- Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT). A minimum score of 600.
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT). A minimum score of 10
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Minimum score 7.
- English language proficiency.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. This requirement is waived for applicants who studied at an undergraduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for at least two years of the applicant’s academic program. The requirement will also be waived for applicants who have studied in English for two or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher. Acceptable test options are:
- Online application
- Resume (2-page maximum)
- Transcripts/Academic Records
- Essays (2)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Video (optional)
How to Apply Schwarzman Scholars Programme 2020-2021 in China?
The application must be completed online and submitted electronically once you have answered all the
required questions. The application form must be completed in English. You do not have to complete the
online application in one sitting; you may access, save, and continue work on your application as
frequently as needed before submitting the application. It is recommended that you save your work often.
Note that the email address provided to create your account will be used for ALL future correspondence
about your candidacy. After creating an account, you will receive a system-generated message prompting
you to verify your email address. If you do not receive this email immediately, check your spam/junk
folders before asking for further assistance. Keep your login information in a safe place, as you will need
it to access your application, and we cannot reset it on your behalf
- Deadline is September 26, 2019, at 11:59 PM, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- Applications for the U.S and Global applicants open in April 2019 for the 2020-2021 class, with selections made in November 2019. Applicants with Chinese passports apply by May 2019, with selections made in September 2019.