Registration for the International Summer School 2018 in Germany is now open. The International Summer School (ISS) is a 6-week programme with a focus on “Gene Regulation, Epigenetics and Genome Stability”. It is coordinated by the Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB).
The programme offers outstanding and enthusiastic undergraduate, Masters and PhD students from all over the world the opportunity to acquire excellent practical skillsand hands-on training from leading scientists in molecular biology.
- Institute of Molecular Biology:
- Mainz, Germany
- 6 Weeks
- 06 August to 14 September 2018
The International Summer School has a clearly defined and unique profile that will provide you with interdisciplinary education in the following fields:
- Gene Regulation
- DNA Damage & Genome Stability
- Developmental Biology
- Systems Biology & Bioinformatics
- Translational Research
- Costs for your accommodation, the social programme organized by ISS and training activities are covered. We will also reimburse your travel costs up to the fixed rate provided by the DAAD as travel allowances.
- The participation fee is 350 Euros, which can be waived for candidates who meet certain criteria.
- This decision will be made only after the selection of the candidates, please do not inquire about this in advance, i.e. as part of your application process. If you are selected for the ISS, we will discuss this with you then.
- Must be an Undergraduate, Masters or PhD students
- You need to have been successfully studying a life sciences related subject at university for a minimum of two years.
- Students currently studying for a Masters degree or conducting PhD research can also apply. Since the programme has a strong hands-on focus, you should have some previous research experience.
The ISS is an international programme and applications are encouraged from students from all over the world. However, unfortunately, due to funding restrictions, German students or students studying in Germany during the time of the ISS are not eligible for consideration.
- Personal data, including your address and contact details
- Curriculum vitae
- University registration certificate that confirms your status as a student (if applicable)
- High school certificate
- University studies (including certificates of qualification and transcript records)
- Extra-curricular activities or awards
- A motivational statement describing your interest in the ISS
Please note that your documents should be uploaded as 2 PDF files:
- CV, max size 3 MB
- Education certificates, max size 4 MB
- 13th March, 2018
APPLY NOW OFFICIAL LINK