The International Exchange Program is a splendid opportunity for young leaders to gain first-hand experience of working with US organizations in the private or public sector. The 2022 YSEALI PFP encourages young and mid-career professionals to become a bridge of cooperation and mutual understanding among the US and their nations. The international participants of the fully-funded exchange program will have full exposure to the global and state-oriented issues on which the US organizations work. Moreover, the professional fellows have a chance to share their ideas with others and get to learn new things after discussing their strategies and ideas.
The YSEALI Professional Fellows Program is the US Government signature program to strengthen the ties between the US and Southeast Asia through cultural exchange and cooperation. Thus, Young Southeast Asia Leaders Initiative Professional Fellows Program is designed in a way that ultimately builds lasting and sustainable partnerships between Southeast Asian Countries as well as the US. The YSEALI Fellowship brings like-minded professionals to a global network. Furthermore, this fully-funded fellowship program prepares the future generation of leaders by helping them understand real-life global challenges and by assisting them to find solutions for these challenges.
The Young Southeast Asian Fellowship Initiative is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The international exchange program in the USA is further implemented by American Councils for International Education. This year the youth leadership program is being administered under four themes: Civic Engagement, Economic Empowerment, Governance and Society, and Sustainable Development and the Environment. Under the umbrella of these major themes, there are numerous sub-themes on which the fellows can show their expertise. The professionals who are involved in different genres of life can easily find more than one theme from these issues which can directly relate to their leadership skills.
The US-funded exchange program is a two-prong fellowship. It enhances the leadership qualities of the fellows, makes them tolerant as well as helps strengthen the ties of the countries with the U.S. The network of YSEALI Professional Fellows remains an interactive network for the alumni for whole life. It brings the best and brightest leaders of Southeast Asia into this never-ending alumni network of YSEALI PFP 202. As, the highly competitive month-long fellowship in the USA choose leaders from all walk of life e.g. the young professionals working in the civic engagement fields, for NGOs, economic growth and empowerment, environmentalists, legislative process handlers, governance-related fields, etc, there is no doubt that the YSEALI leadership program has the capacity to enhance practical expertise of the fellows along with the making of professional contacts which are very helpful in addressing the issues in their home communities.
International Exchange Program 2022 in the USA:
- The United States of America
- The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
- American Councils for International Education
Benefits of the YSEALI Exchange Program 2022, USA:
- The program covers international travel costs and living costs.
- The fellows will get assistance from the American Councils for J-1 Visa.
- The visa costs including the travel for the interview will be covered by YESALI PFP.
- The fellows will be provided with emerging health benefits.
- The fellows will be given a chance to learn the US culture by getting a home hospitality experience such as dinner with American Family, a cultural excursion, or a short-term homestay.
- Virtual Program: Feburary 2022
- US Based Exchange Program: June 13 – July 22, 2022
- Virtual Program: May 2022
- US Based Exchange Program: September 12 – October 21, 2022
Eligibility Criteria of the International Exchange Program 2022:
- The applicant must be a citizen and resident of the Southeast Asian nations.
- The applicant must be an emerging leader.
- The applicant must have at least two years of professional experience and must be currently employed.
- The applicant can be a professional from any government, civil society, or private sector.
- The applicant’s experience must be relevant to the selected themes.
- The applicant must be between 25-35 years of age.
- The applicant must be proficient in oral and written English.
- US citizens and permanent US residents can not apply.
How to Apply for the International Exchange Program 2022 in the USA?
- The candidates have to apply online through AIS Forms Portal.
- After completing the application, you have to upload supplementary materials directly. The candidates have to be given ranks to the institute theme according to their preference.
- There is no need to complete your application in one sitting.
- Check your application again before pressing the submit button once your application is completed because you would not be able to change your application after pressing the submit button.
- Once the application is submitted successfully, you will receive a confirmation E-mail.
Required Documents for the YSEALI PFP 2022:
- Education Details/History
- Confirmation of Eligibility
- Work Experience
- RESUME/CV in English
- Three Essay Questions
- Two Professional Recommendations/Reference Letters
- A signed copy of the Participant Terms and Conditions Agreement
- The application deadline for the International Exchange Program 2022 in the USA is November 15, 2021.