The United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP), a bi-national commission is pleased to announce Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship 2020 in the United States. The duration of the fully funded Humphrey fellowship in the US is 10-12 months and is consists of academic coursework and internship in a relevant professional organization. All the finalists will depart to the US in fall 2019.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished mid-career professionals with demonstrated leadership potential to the United States for a year of graduate-level non-degree academic coursework and professional development activities. By providing future leaders and policy makers with experience in U.S society, culture, and professional fields, the program provides a basis for lasting, productive ties between Americans and their professional counterparts overseas.
Approximately 18 campuses have been selected through a competitive process to host fellows in the group with thematic and subject affinities. Each university is chosen based on institutional resources and the level of support and guidance it offers for academic and administrative support. Faculty advisers also assist Fellows in pursuing balanced academic and professional programs. All participants must return to Pakistan immediately following completion of their program.
The United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) was established in 1950 by the governments of Pakistan and the United States. USEFP is a bi-national commission composed of an equal number of Pakistanis and Americans, with the Chair alternating between a Pakistani and an American. USEFP is one of 51 ‘Fulbright Commissions’ located throughout the world.
Humphrey Fellowship 2020 Details:
- United States of America
- United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP)
Fields of Study:
Applicants are invited in the following fields:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Substance Abuse Education/Treatment and Prevention
- Economic Development/Finance and Banking
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources/Environmental Change/Climate Change
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (Teacher Training or Curriculum Development )
- Technology Policy Management
- Trafficking in Persons, Policy, and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
Must apply for the following international fellowships:
- CERN Junior Fellowship Program 2019 in Switzerland – Fully Funded
- CERN Senior Fellowship Program 2019 in Switzerland – Fully Funded
Humphrey Fellowship Duration:
- 10-12 Months
Fellowship Grant Benefits:
- The Humphrey Fellowship is a fully funded fellowship for Pakistan in the United States.
- The grant funds tuition, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance. USEFP will also assist with the visa process.
- Successful applicants must be committed to serving Pakistan.
- They must be Pakistani citizens with a minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional/work experience, coupled with a Master’s degree and a guarantee of re-employment upon return to Pakistan.
- Applicants must possess a high level of fluency in spoken and written English. Successful candidates should be poised to assume leadership positions in their field.
Note: TOEFL test is not required with the application. Only successful candidates will be required to take TOEFL.
- Applications will not be accepted from university teachers or researchers with no management experience or similar responsibilities, those who attended graduate school in the U.S. in the last seven years or who have had long-term U.S. experience within the last five years. Also ineligible are persons with dual U.S./Pakistan nationality or who have a spouse, fiancé, parent or child over the age of 18 who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. Employees of the Fulbright organization or the U.S. Department of State are also ineligible.
- The Humphrey Program was initiated to honor the memory and accomplishments of the late Senator and Vice-President, Hubert H. Humphrey. Fellows are selected through a competitive process based on their potential for leadership and commitment to Public service in the public or private sector
How to Apply for Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship 2020 in the United States?
Applications must be submitted online. Paper copies will not be considered. All materials including degrees, transcripts, and references) must be submitted online.
Before applying, please read the frequently asked questions (FAQs) on our website and relevant fields listed in the image below
How does the selection process work?
- Round 1: All applications will be screened by USEFP staff for completeness and minimum qualifications.
- Round 2: Complete applications that meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated according to a set of established criteria and shortlisted.
- Round 3: In-person interviews of shortlisted applications will take place in Islamabad between June – September. The interview panels are made up of both U.S. and Pakistani citizens.
- Round 4: Final candidates and alternates will be selected in October. Applicants who have become finalists or alternates will be notified by phone. Those who do not get selected will be notified by mail.
- The last date to apply for Humphrey Fellowship 2020 is June 26, 2019.
Women, people with disabilities, and individuals from FATA, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, AJK, Gilgit-Baltistan, Balochistan, Northern Sindh, and Southern Punjab are highly encouraged to apply.