Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) for Undergraduate Students is one of the remarkable opportunities for every student around the globe. If you hold non-Korean citizenship, you should apply here as this chance has been specifically designed for you. The purpose of this fully-funded scholarship is to provide you with the pathway to pursue your higher studies in Korean educational institutions. This enrollment will augment the international academic exchange, and the relationship of Korea with countries will get better and smoother. This Korean Government Scholarship Program is made for talented and highly qualified students whose finances did not allow them to continue their studies or get higher studies in an international environment.
The GKS-UIC (Global Korea Scholarship-University Industry Cooperation) invites the pool of brilliant young minds and transforms their personalities in a refined form as per the market competitive needs. The programs offered are of two types, one is an Associate degree program, and the other is Bachelor’s degree program. Both programs include the one-year Korean language course, which will help the aspirants enrich Korea’s cultural and historical knowledge. Moreover, you will not have to pay a single penny for this scholarship. After completing this award, you will be a changed person in terms of your market value, personality grooming and skills development, and professional progression. The Korean universities’ job fairs help the students get good paid jobs, ensuring that they are the authentic guarantors of your job security.
The Korean Government drives the international scholarship to study in Korea to transform the world through their youth the way Korea had changed its path from an impoverished, ruined nation to a prosperous one. The Korean War had been the major setback that helped emerge the country as the 13th largest economy. Korean Government has established the international education quality assurance system to increase Korean institutions’ capacity development by providing additional privileges to them. By focusing on globalization dynamics, institutes are now eager to offer English-taught courses. The educational system of Korea is recognized as one of the quality-oriented systems in the world. By providing a variety of disciplines, their academic competitiveness and scholastic achievement are the essentials of its excellence.
Every year, the fully-funded international opportunity to study in South Korea works like a magnet to attract and inspire students towards Korea through its modernized societal norms. Further, its incredible location has kept the country safe from natural disasters, and the low crime rates have provided a sense of security to all desiring to move here. The spirits inculcated in the Korean citizens and their warm-heartedness are the facts that make the place worth visiting and worth living. In addition to that, the advanced infrastructure helps people to commute easily from one place to the other within a short span of time. The universities’ modernized technology allows the aspirants to get equipped with them, providing them the hands-on experience required for future job findings.
Global Korea Scholarship for Undergraduate Students:
- South Korea
- Korean Universities.
- The duration of the Associate degree scholarship is 2 to 3 years of degree program including 1 year of Korean Language program. For Bachelor’s degree scholarship, the duration is 4 years of degree program including 1 year of Korean Language program.
- Bachelor’s degree program.
- Associate degree program.
Benefits of the Global Korea Scholarship for Undergraduate Students:
- Airfare (Return Air Ticket)
- Full tuition fees.
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea)
- Monthly Allowance: (Degree Program) 900,000 KRW per month
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee: Fully covered
- Degree Program Tuition: Fully covered
- Thesis (Dissertation) Printing Fee Reimbursement
- Medical Allowance: 55,630 KRW per month
- Degree Completion Grants: 100,000 KRW
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
- Religious tolerance while working with the people belonging to all other religions.
- Exploration of Korean culture.
- Deepen Korean education.
- Professional and personal development of individuals.
- Prosperity around the globe.
Eligibility Criteria of the Global Korea Scholarship for Undergraduate Students:
- Everyone from any nationality except Korean nationality can apply.
- Applicants and their parents must not possess Korean citizenship.
- If you are graduated or expected to graduate by August 31st, 2022 from high school, you can apply for bachelor or Associate degree program.
- If you are graduated or expected to graduate by August 31st, 2022 from an associate degree program, you can apply for Bachelor’s program only.
- CGPA should be above 2.64 out of 4, 2.80 out of 4.3, 2.91 out of 4.5, or 3.23 out of 5.0
- Score percentile must be 80 percent or above.
- Should be under the age of 25 years.
- Good physical and mental health.
- No criminal history.
- If your previous education is from any of the Korean institutes, you are not eligible.
- If you had received a Korean scholarship before, you are not eligible.
How to Apply for the Global Korea Scholarship 2022-23?
- Students have to apply through the official website.
- Select the degree program.
- Select the desired field of study.
- Provide your all personal information.
- Select the level of language abilities for TOPIK or English.
- Provide the details of your previous or recent education.
- Select the university and department.
- Provide the study plan mentioning the goal of your study and your plans after study.
- Recommendation letter to be completed by the referee.
- GKS applicant agreement mentions the terms and conditions of the scholarship applied to the applicants.
- Details of medical assessment should be provided.
Selection Criteria for the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP);
- Selection from university.
- University recommendations go to NIIED.
- NIIED selects candidates itself.
- Announcement of Scholarship qualifiers by NIIED.
Documents Required for the GKS UIC 2022:
- Application form.
- Personal statement.
- Study plan.
- Letter of recommendation.
- GKS applicant agreement.
- Personal medical assessment.
- Graduation certificate.
- Academic transcripts.
- Proof of the citizenship of parents.
- Overseas Korean Documentation proof, if any.
- Korean Citizenship Renunciation Documentation proof, if any.
- Korean War Veteran’s Descendant proof, if any.
- Valid TOPIK or an English proficiency certificate.
- Awards and other certificates.
- Passport copy.
GKS South Korea Scholarship Deadline:
- The application deadline scholarship may vary depending upon the university and its program you opt to.