Call for applications for FAO Hungarian Government Scholarship 2020-21. The FAO scholarship is for master’s studies in Hungary. A Scholarship Study Contract will be signed between the selected student and the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary (MoAH), which is the donor of the program, at the time of first-semester registration.
The fully-funded Hungary Scholarship 2020 will cover all the expenses of the selected candidates. The international scholarship in Hungary will cover application and tuition fees, accommodation, subsistence costs, and health insurance.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. FAO’s goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active healthy lives. With over 194 member states, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger.
As the number of scholarships is limited, interested applicants are strongly encouraged to E-MAIL their
applications as soon as possible. What are you waiting for? Apply as soon as possible and start your study in Hungary on scholarship.
FAO Hungarian Government Scholarship Details:
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
The following universities and faculties are participating:
- Szent István University, Faculty of Food Science
- Szent István University, Faculty of Horticultural Science
- Kaposvár University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Want to study in Australia? Apply for the Deakin University Scholarship 2020 – Fully Funded
- Master’s Degree Programs
Fields of Study:
The following Master of Science degree courses are being offered in English for the 2020-21 Academic Year:
- MSc in Food Safety and Quality Engineering (Szent István University)
- MSc in Horticultural Engineering (Szent István University)
- MSc in Animal nutrition and feed safety (Kaposvár University)
Courses will be offered provided the minimum number of students is reached.
The Hungary Scholarship in Europe will cover:
- application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes;
- dormitory accommodation;
- subsistence costs;
- health insurance.
All of the above-mentioned costs are financed by the Hungarian Government, according to the Agreement between FAO and Hungary in 2007.
The scholarship covers student costs only; family members are not supported within the frame of this program.
Interested to do study in Turkey? Apply NowTurkey Scholarships for International Students – Fully Funded BS/MS/PhD
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries
- Excellent school achievements
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
- Good health
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
Residents (who must be nationals) of the following countries are eligible to apply for the Scholarship Programme:
- Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo*, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North-Korea, Palestine, the Philippines, Serbia, Somalia, South-Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
*References to Kosovo shall be understood to be in the context of Security Council Resolution 1244 (1999).
You might be interested in the 2020-21 Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship for masters and Phd
How to Apply for Hungary Government Scholarship in Europe?
Interested applicants should prepare a dossier to be sent by E-MAIL (to REU-Scholarship@fao.org) consisting of:
- Application form duly completed
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
- A copy of the certificate of proficiency in English
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number
- A letter of recommendation
- Statement of motivation
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by the local police authority.
All submitted documents must be in ENGLISH. Documents submitted in any other language will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that documents are duly translated and certified by a competent office; and that each document is saved with a name that identifies what it is.
The selection process as described below applies to scholarships beginning in September 2020.
Student selection will take place in two phases:
Phase 1: FAO will pre-screen candidates and submit applications to the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary that will send them to the corresponding University as chosen by the applicants. Students must submit only COMPLETE dossiers. Incomplete dossiers will not be considered. Files without names will not be processed.
Phase 2: Selected candidates may be asked to take a written or oral English examination as part of the admission procedure. The participating Universities will run a further selection process and inform each of the successful candidates. Student selection will be made by the Universities only, without any involvement on the part of FAO. Selected students will also be notified by the Ministry.
- Applications will only be considered, if those are sent by email and arrive between 15 January 2020 and 28 February 2020.
Deadline is February 28, 2020