Cora Weiss fellowship in New York 2022-23 welcomes passionate, hardworking, brilliant, and career-oriented young leaders of the globe. There is no restriction on any age and nationality. Everyone from any race, religion, and background with a Bachelor’s degree can apply for this remarkable opportunity in the USA. This GNWP fellowship in usa will help the fellows to work with GNWP for one year in the United Nations to promote the execution of UN Security Council Resolutions 1325 and 2250 on women’s rights, peace building, and security assurance. Moreover, the participants will be engaged in implementing the various programs of the organization as well as in delivering the national action plan on women, peace, and security.
The fully-funded fellowship in USA aims to provide you with the research and development material related to the peace and security of women and youth. This fellowship program will also involve humanitarian action against the condemnation of human rights. Moreover, this international fellowship will cover the roundtrip airfare from the country to New York, accommodation, local transportation, and other personal expenses in case of in-person fellowship. However, this program may also be conducted virtually in the wake of COVID-19 and the global health emergency. In this case, GNWP may support the participants in purchasing a reliable internet connection and a laptop or cellphone facility.
The Global Network of Women Peacebuilders fellowship abroad was established in honor of Cora Weiss, who is considered to be the peace-building and social justice activist and leader in the world. She supported the UN and served the Women’s Strike for Peace for more than ten years. She was leading the anti-Vietnam war movement in America. She had many feathers in her cap, including the honor of getting peace awards worldwide. She had played a vital role in drafting the groundbreaking UNSCR 1325. She had always remained active in the women’s peace-related issues and was honored with hosting the first women’s program on radio in New York. She had been a part of various disarmament summits and conferences that led to global security.
The organization has announced its sixth fellowship for young women peace-building leaders. The program aims to support the empowerment and development of women peace-builders and ensure that they promote Cora’s vision to sustain peace and gender equality at all levels within the global culture. This will provide women with the chance to raise their concerns and priorities so that they can become a part of the global policy discussions at the UN level and implement them in developing areas. The associated women members and youth-led organizations are working on the communities’ most pressing issues in such a way that leads the way to a better future.
Cora Weiss Fellowship in New York, USA 2022-23:
- New York, USA.
- Global Network of Women Peacebuilders.
- The duration of the Cora Weiss Fellowship For Young Women Peacebuilders is for one year.
Benefits of the GNWP Fellowships in USA 2022-23:
- You will get exposure to social challenges related to women, peace, and security.
- You will be aware of the sustainable development goals.
- Practical exposure to the cause of human rights advocacy is further enhanced.
- Communication skills will be further polished.
- Round trip airfare from the country to New York.
- Health insurance.
- Stipend to cover the local transportation, accommodation, and other costs.
Eligibility Criteria of the Cora Weiss Fellowship 2022 in USA:
- Youth of any nationality can apply.
- No age restriction.
- Familiar with UNSCR 1325 on Women, Security, Peace, and its supporting resolutions.
- Familiar with USCR 2250 on the Youth, Security, and Peace.
- Familiar with the Convention on the elimination of discrimination against women.
- Familiar with the Sustaining Peace Resolutions.
- Familiar with the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Experience in implementing the leading programs of women’s rights and peace-building organizations in developing countries.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, gender studies, or any of the social sciences.
- Worked or lived in conflict-affected areas.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Motivated to manage the commitments.
- Ability to work independently or within a team.
- English language proficiency is required.
- UN language proficiency is preferred.
How to Apply for the Cora Weiss Fellowship in New York, USA?
- Students have to apply through the application form, downloaded from the official website.
- Ensure to fill up the required fields including personal information, professional experience, skills achieved, references, etc.
- Complete your application form carefully.
- Ensure to submit the supporting documents along with the completed application form to “[email protected]”
Selection Criteria for the Cora Weiss Fellowship 2022-23:
- Knowledge of UNSCR 1325 on Women, Security, Peace, and its supporting resolutions.
- Knowledge of USCR 2250 on the Youth, Security, and Peace.
- Knowledge of the Convention on the elimination of discrimination against women.
- Knowledge about the Sustaining Peace Resolutions.
- Knowledge about the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Must have the passion to work on women, peace, security, and youth-related issues and experience in implementing the leading programs of this nature with civil society organizations in developing countries.
- English language proficiency.
- Able to use the skills gained and networking established in an effective manner in the future.
- Willing to travel to conflict-bearing areas.
- Willing to relocate to New York city for one year.
Documents required for the Cora Weiss Fully-Funed fellowships in USA:
- Completed application form in English.
- Cover letter of maximum 2 pages, demonstrating how will you support advocacy on women’s rights, peace, security, and gender equality in your country.
- Work sample of minimum 1500 words.
- Two reference letters.
Cora Weiss Fellowship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for this fellowship is July 15, 2022.