The highly Prestigious and competitive Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2020 is now open for application. The Candian Government is offering up to 166 scholarships annually. The Vanier CGS program aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
Vanier Scholarships in 2019 are very competitive scholarships in Canada. You can go for MS leading to Ph.D. and for Ph.D. in this scholarship program. $50,000 per year for three years during doctoral studies will be offered to the selected candidates. Do you know the University of Melbourne Australia is offering 600 fully funded Graduate Research Scholarships, Must Apply for it to study in Australia?
The Government of Canada launched the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008 to strengthen Canada’s ability to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and establish Canada as a global center of excellence in research and higher learning. Vanier Scholars demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2020 Details:
- Masters leading to Ph.D. and PhD
Fields of Study (Areas of research):
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering research
- Social sciences and humanities research
List of Universities under Candian Scholarship:
No. of Scholarships:
- Valued at $50,000 per year for three years during doctoral studies. And the Course will begin in May/Sept 2020.
- be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
- be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating institution; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2020 (see calculating months of doctoral studies below);
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the institution for its definition of a first-class average, and
- must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
Click here to see the list of 2019 winners of this scholarship.
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Foreign citizens
Also, Apply for the following International Scholarships:
- Stanford University Scholarships in the USA- 100 Fully Funded Scholarships
- DAAD Scholarship 2019-20 in Germany
How to Apply for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2019-20?
1) You have to apply in Canadian Universities, which have quota/seats of Vanier( check here the universities which have a quota of Vanier.
2) Every university has its own deadline, so you have to check it individually
3) You can apply to one university only for Vanier. University will evaluate your profile and nominate you for Vanier candidate of it and will recommend you to Vanier.
- For Students: Consult nominating institution for submission deadline. For nominating institutions: Deadline: November 6, 2019 (20:00 EST).