Applications are invited for fully funded ETH Student Research Summer Fellowship 2019 in Switzerland. This is a fully funded Eth Summer Program for undergraduate and masters students. The duration of the Eth Summer internship Switzerland is 2 months. The summer research program will take start from June 1st and ends at August 31, 2019.
Eth will provide financial support to all the selected students for this summer program. Students will get free tickets and visa, accommodation and monthly stipend.
Students will have time to explore the beauty of Switzerland. Students will also explore the vibrant culture of Switzerland and share their cultures with local people.
The Computer Science Department at ETH offers a new and interesting program that allows undergraduate and graduate students to obtain research experience in our department during the summer months.
The program is open to all students worldwide. The department is committed to increasing diversity in the computer science area.
- 2 Months
- The program will take place from 1 July to 31 August 2019
Research opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Algorithms and theory
- Computer systems
- Human-computer interaction and cyberphysical systems
- Information and system security
- Machine learning
- Programming languages and software engineering
- Visual Computing
- Stipend. Fellows at ETH Zurich will receive a monthly allowance of about CHF1.750 to cover housing and living expenses. Travel and visa expenses will be covered as well. Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.
- Accommodation. Affordable housing during the research stay will be organized, once a candidate is accepted into the program. We will also provide information regarding visa applications (where required).
You are eligible for the Student Summer Research Fellowship program if you satisfy the following:
- You are enrolled in a study program (Bachelor or Master) in computer science or a closely related field (e.g., electrical engineering, mathematics, physics)
- Your expected graduation date in your current study program (Bachelor or Master) is January 2020 or later.
- You have 2 years of study completed by summer 2019 (Master students naturally satisfy this condition).
- The duration of the fellowship is fixed to the full two months of July and August. You can be present during the entire time.
- The program is fully conducted in English. Formal evidence is not required. However, the fellowship requires a good working knowledge of English. Your language ability may be assessed during an interview.
- Your application will be evaluated on the basis of the documents provided. The last step of the application process may include an interview conducted with the shortlisted candidates.
How to Apply for Student Research Summer Fellowship 2019?
Preparing your Application
- Please begin by exploring the faculty members in the participating hosting labs and their research topics.
- You will be asked in your application to indicate one or two preferred research areas. This will help the program to coordinate optimal lab placements.
After your registration SiROP offers you to affiliate with your own institution. Such an affiliation is an optional step and only available for students from universities which are part of the SiROP network. This optional step to create an affiliation is NOT required if you want to apply.
After clicking the «Apply now» button on the linked SiROP page you will be asked to fill in personal data and upload several documents:
- Your CV. Please use the Europass format.
- Official academic transcript from your home university. Use the grading system that your university provides – the grading system on the GPA scale that you have been graded on.
- Letter of motivation/personal statement (max 1 page). Describe in your own words why you have chosen your proposed scientific area of research. Explain what you hope to accomplish by coming to ETH and how it will support your academic or professional goals and prepare you for a career in research. A good personal statement can be written in half a page and you should aim not to write more than a full A4 page. Lay it out carefully to make it easy to read.
Only complete applications with all the required documents can be considered for admission.
Also check some other amazing opportunities:
- TFAS International Summer Exchange Program 2019 Hong Kong.
- CDLinks Summer School in Italy 2019
- 2019 Young Leaders Access Program USA
- Hansen Summer Institute in USA – Fully Funded
- The application deadline for the ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship is 31 December, 2018
Deadline is December 31, 2018