Call for the applications for the Leading The Americas Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2022 in Japan. The fully-funded youth summit will be held in Tokyo from May 16 to May 19, 2022. . The Leading The Americas Scholarships is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from The Americas are represented at the One Young World Summit 2022.
The Americas are collectively going through major leadership transitions, with many of those changes in governance creating ripples of instability across the region. Months long protests erupted in Chile and the humanitarian crisis engulfing Venezuela, both causing instability. Argentina’s debt crisis is still looming and misinformation is still o the rise throughout the region. Yet in the midst of all the uncertainty, young leaders are emerging to set their countries back on course. The clean energy movement is taking heed and advancements in tech are looking to make societies more equitable.
The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counseled by influential political, business, and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman, and Meghan Markle, amongst many other global figures.
Fusing the futuristic with the traditional, Tokyo is a sprawling megacity bursting with a seemingly limitless number of things to do. A business and cultural mega center that is home to tens of millions of people, Tokyo is also the crossroads where the Japanese interact with citizens from all over the world. Whatever your cultural interests are, Tokyo is likely to have you covered. Home to many world-class art galleries and museums, traditional temples and shrines, staggeringly diverse nightlife options, and cutting-edge technology, there is something for everyone. In the midst of these challenges, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
Leading The Americas Scholarship 2022:
What does Leading The Americas Scholarship Pay for?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan.
- Hotel accommodation between 15 and 19 May 2022.
- Catering includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo. Your flight to and from Tokyo must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
If you are from Asia, then apply for the Leading Asia Scholarship 2022 to attend the youth summit in Japan – Fully Funded
Eligibility Criteria for the Leading The Americas Scholarship 2022:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
|Antigua and Barbuda||Argentina||Bahamas||Barbados|
|Dominica||Dominican Republic||Ecuador||El Salvador|
|Panama||Paraguay||Peru||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|Saint Lucia||Saint Vincent and The Grenadines||Suriname||Trinidad and Tobago|
How to Apply for OYW Summit Leading The Americas Scholarship?
The application form is very simple. You need to fill an online application form. Fill in all the required fields. Don’t wait till the last date and apply as soon as possible.
- Use English
- Be Relevant
- Tell us what makes you unique
- Tell us about the impact you have made
- Tell us why to want to be a One Young World Ambassador
- Share your work
- Read, re-read and re-read again
- Save your application before submitting
- Don’t submit an incomplete application
- Don’t be discouraged
- The last date to apply for the Leading The Americas Scholarship 2022 to attend One One Young World Summit in Japan is 31 January 2022.