Call for applications for the Leading Asia Scholarship 2022 to attend the One Young World Summit in Japan. The fully-funded conference will be held in Tokyo from 16 May to 19 May 2022. Leading Asia is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from Asia are represented at the One Young World Summit 2022. The scholarship will cover all the expenses of the selected participants.
Across the Asian continent, every state is confronted by a series of interdependent challenges. After years of prosperity and growth, the trade war between China and the USA may have transformative effects on the structure of the entire region. The 4IR is predicted to cause upheaval for industries that have sustained economies for decades. There has been a rapid rise of censorship across the South-East Asian region, increasing in response to domestic instability. Improving the treatment of ethnic-minority groups remains an urgent priority. The region is chiefly responsible for extraordinary amounts of plastic pollution.
The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman and Meghan Markle, amongst many other global figures.
Fusing the futuristic with the traditional, Tokyo is a sprawling megacity bursting with a seemingly limitless number of things to do. A business and cultural mega centre that is home to tens of millions of people, Tokyo is also the crossroads where the Japanese interact with citizens from all over the world. Whatever your cultural interests are, Tokyo is likely to have you covered. Home to many world-class art galleries and museums, traditional temples and shrines, staggeringly diverse nightlife options and cutting-edge technology, there is something for everyone. In the midst of these challenges, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
Leading Asia Scholarship in Tokoyo 2022:
What does Leading Asia Scholarship sponsorship pay for?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan.
- Hotel accommodation between 15 and 19 May 2022.
- Catering includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo. Your flight to and from Tokyo must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Eligibility Criteria of Leading Asia Scholarship 2022:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
|Japan||Kazakhstan||Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of||Korea, Republic of|
|Kyrgyzstan||Lao, People’s Democratic Republic||Malaysia||Maldives|
How to Apply for OYW Summi Leading Asia Scholarship 2022?
The application form is very simple. You need to fill an online application form. Fill in all the required fields. Don’t wait till the last date and apply as soon as possible.
- Use English
- Be Relevant
- Tell us what makes you unique
- Tell us about the impact you have made
- Tell us why to want to be a One Young World Ambassador
- Share your work
- Read, re-read and re-read again
- Save your application before submitting
- Don’t submit an incomplete application
- Don’t be discouraged
- The last date to apply for the Leading Asia Scholarship to attend One One Young World Summit in Germany is 31 January 2022.