Do you want to work with the United Nations? Apply Now for the United Nations Human Rights Internship in Geneva, Switzerland. The selected interns will be working at the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights.
Based in Geneva Switzerland, under the overall guidance of the Chief of Section, the intern reports to the Human Rights Officer in the assigned work unit. The internship assignment shall be for an initial period of three (3) months, renewable for a combined period of six (6) months, upon further approval by the supervisor, and a scheduled commencement date during the first quarter of the coming year, ranging/starting from January 2020 to January 2021.
The Office of the United Nations (UN) High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) is the Secretariat Department responsible for strengthening international human rights mechanisms; enhancing equality and countering discrimination; combating impunity and strengthening accountability and the rule of law; integrating human rights in development and in the economic sphere; widening the democratic space; and early warning and protection of human rights in situations of conflict, violence, and insecurity.
United Nations Human Rights Internship:
- United Nations
- High Commissioner for Human Rights.
Intern Duty Station:
The eligibility criteria of the United Nations internship is given below:
- To qualify for the United Nations Secretariat internship program applicants must, at the time of their submission, be enrolled in a graduate school program (i.e. Master’s degree or equivalent degree, or higher) or in the final academic year of a first-level university degree programme (i.e. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree), preferably in the area of law, political science, international relations, social sciences or a related field, OR have graduated with a university degree as defined above AND, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period from the date of graduation.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage.
- This internship is an UNPAID and full-time engagement that provides a framework through which students from diverse academic backgrounds gain exposure to the work of the United Nations by way of their service within Secretariat entities.
- Applicants should have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations with a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter and have the demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs – which includes a willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Check KAUST Internship 2020 in Saudi Arabia – Fully Funded
How to Apply for a United Nations Internship?
Click on the Apply Now button below to proceed to the registration process. Login with your id if you have already an account. If you don’t have an account then you need to create your account first. We suggest you should read more about this internship opportunity on the official website before applying.
- The last date to apply for the United Nations Human Rights Internship in Geneva is 31 January 2021.