Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24 in the UK is a splendid opportunity for the brightest minds from the Commonwealth countries to come to the UK and pursue their master’s for free. This fully-funded UK scholarship enables the students to develop their skills and enhance their knowledge in desired fields without any financial burden on their shoulders. The basic purpose of this Commonwealth scholarship is to promote peace and economic stability among low and middle-income countries. Moreover, the top master’s degree scholarship aims at lifting up the less advantaged people from Commonwealth nations.
The Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship 2024 is funded by the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), to promote sustainable development in lower and upper-middle-income countries. This year the Commonwealth grant is being granted in six main themes ranging from science and technology to promote global prosperity, crisis management, health systems, and access to opportunities. These intensive themes are being set to motivate individuals to participate in a better future. Moreover, the alumni of the Commonwealth make a community network that binds the current and former fellows together for a lasting time.
Commonwealth fellows always come forward to help each other in academic-related issues by sharing their own experiences as well as by collaborating with others in their projects. The Commonwealth scholarships have far-reaching impacts. Since 1959, almost 28,500 Commonwealth scholars have been granted fully-funded scholarships by the UK Government. The CSC scholarship has produced the most influential personalities and distinguished figures such as prime ministers, cabinet ministers, Nobel laureates, diplomats, researchers, and leaders of prominent NGOs and business organizations.
By becoming a Commonwealth fellow, the individuals become Commonwealth scholars for life. They have the opportunity to utilize a wide range of contacts of CSC alumni in bringing development and change in their home countries and other Commonwealth countries around the globe. Moreover, this UK Government scholarship enables the scholars to become a member of the Knowledge Hubs. These Knowledge Hubs are platforms from where ideas and projects are shared and appreciated. Furthermore, those Knowledge Hubs are the information sources for new opportunities, events, and news as they are linked and run via LinkedIn. In order to apply successfully for this life-changing opportunity, the following information must be read carefully.
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24 in the UK:
- United Kingdom
- UK Universities
- The UK Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO)
- Master’s Degree Programs
Benefits of the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24:
- The scholarship covers the return air ticket of the selected candidates.
- The scholarship covers full tuition fees.
- The candidates will get a monthly stipend of £1,347 per month, or £1,652 per month.
- The scholarship also covers the warm cloth allowance.
- The cost of the thesis or dissertation will be covered.
- It provides students with study travel grants within or outside the UK.
- If the candidates are widowed, divorced, or single parents, the scholarship pays the child £576.61 for the first child and £143 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16.
- Additional allowance for a disabled person
Eligible Countries of the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023:
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- The Gambia
Eligibility Criteria of the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24:
- An applicant must be a native or a refugee of eligible Commonwealth countries.
- An applicant must be a permanent resident of eligible Commonwealth countries.
- An applicant must be available for study in the UK by the beginning of the UK academic calendar, i.e., September 2024.
- An applicant must have provided all the necessary documents in the required format.
- For more information about the eligibility criteria, visit the official website.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Scholarship 2023/24?
- The candidates have to apply from any one of the given nominating bodies i.e. National Nominating Agencies or Non-Governmental Organizations, and Charitable Bodies.
- CSC does not accept direct applications which have not followed the above-mentioned routes.
- The candidates must keep in mind that every nominating body has different eligibility criteria, so they must check the eligibility requirements of their nominating body as well. The candidates have to apply through the CSC online application system.
- The CSC applications and applications required by the nominating bodies are different and the candidates must apply for both.
- An application that is not submitted via the CSC online application system will not be accepted.
- Make sure that your reference letters are directly submitted by your referees. The referees will be sent an email for reference letter submission.
Commonwealth Scholarship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for the scholarship is 17 October 2023.