The CIRES Summer Internship Program 2022 is a paid summer research internship program for undergraduates and graduates who want to explore avenues in environmental sciences or geosciences and any other related fields. If you desire to get the research opportunity at the top-class NOAA GSL Research Laboratory, you should grab this option to engage with the highly prestigious institute of Colorado. You will also have the privilege of getting the research experience at CU Boulder. Students with scientific and technical backgrounds are promoted to attain the required skills necessary for fulfilling global societal needs. In this way, your skills and knowledge will be enhanced.
The CIRES Summer 2022 Research Program 2022 in the USA aims to grasp 11 students in this creditable forum. With no prior work experience, no language test, and no requirement of CGPA, you can be one of those eleven students who will be leading their pathways towards success. You would be getting the opportunity to work with the global research scientist of world-class organizations. The students with excellent communication and interpersonal skills are encouraged to become a part of this entity. If you have team-working skills, passion for learning about science, and intellect to explore things, you should never miss the chance for this worthy option. You will be allowed to express your research work in the meetings and conferences held under the program.
The virtual internship program 2022 is organized by the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences at the University of Colorado. The institute is envisioned by the core values of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. With these core values, the institute aims to bring equality at all levels without discriminating race, gender, sex, nationality, religion, and other factors. The institute’s commitment to these values has positively shaped the work culture. These are the pillars of excellence and integrity in environmental research. The institute has been increasingly growing its partnerships with organizations that eagerly serve underrepresented and marginalized groups in ecological sciences to achieve the vision.
The fully-funded internship in the USA allows you to select your mentor based on your area of interest. In the same way, the mentors can also choose the students they feel are compatible with their research interests. During the first week, the students will be given group meet-ups with the program manager, project scientists, and other fellows. The following week will allow you to learn how to construct the poster and focus on the careers in the environmental and geo-sciences. Moreover, the other professional topics will be discussed at this progressive track. Thus, helping you transform the theoretical knowledge into practical insights.
CIRES Summer Internship 2022 in the USA:
- CIRES (Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences).
- The University of Colorado Boulder.
- The summer internship duration is 10 weeks for undergraduate students and 12 weeks for graduate students.
Benefits of the CIRES Summer Internship Program 2022 in the USA:
- You will be given a stipend of $750 twice per week for 10 weeks if you are an undergraduate student.
- You will be given a stipend of $1500 twice per week for 12 weeks if you are a graduate student.
- You will be given the opportunity to get research experience in environmental or geoscience areas.
- You will be given the learning about how your skills can help you resolve societal issues.
- You will be given the opportunity to conduct virtual research in the laboratories situated at CU Boulder and the NOAA Global Systems Laboratory.
Eligibility Criteria of the CIRES Summer Internship Program 2022:
- The students of Bachelor’s and Masters can apply.
- You should be a citizen or permanent resident of the US.
- You must be willing to make a full-time commitment to the complete internship tenure.
- You must be able to complete program requirements as a fully remote experience.
- If you have wanted to conduct research in environment and geoscience research activities, you can apply.
- Students from areas where science is underrepresented are encouraged to apply.
- With no minimum GPA requirement, you are welcome.
- With no prior research experience, you can apply.
How to Apply for the CIRES Summer Internship Program 2022?
- The applicants have to apply online through the official website of the University of Colorado Boulder.
- The applicants are required to fill in all the required fields.
- You are required to mention the city you wish to reside in during your internship tenure.
- You need to mention the area of study.
- You need to write 200 words essay expressing your potential for the internship program.
- You should mention any other course or certification, not written on your transcripts.
- The supporting documents should be uploaded.
- The forms of recommendation should be uploaded. The forms should be filled up by the persons familiar with your academic or research background.
- In case the documents are not being uploaded, you should send them to [email protected].
- You will receive an email once you complete and submit your application.
Documents Required for the CIRES Summer 2022 Program:
- Valid Passport.
- Reference letters.
CIRES Summer Internship Deadline:
- The application deadline for the internship application is February 07, 2022.