Are you living in Africa for two years? African Studies Centre ASC Leiden Visiting Fellowship Program is formulated for you. You will get the chance to utilize your time while writing or conducting data analysis on a research project. You will be working jointly on the project with the ASCL staff members. The institute is primarily focused on the study of Africa, and it is the only institute that offers multidisciplinary academic knowledge in the Netherlands. This ASC fellowship in Netherlands will help you contribute your part to the development of Africa by finding the root causes of the prevalent issues in the land. Therefore, this will prove to be an outstanding opportunity for the Africans. Hurrah! You will have your say in articulating the African developmental policies.
The remarkable opportunity to get hands-on experience through the ASCL Visiting fellowship program aims to help you undertake developmental research about Africa by expanding your related academic knowledge. Moreover, the institute aims to provide you with a better understanding and an insight into the evolutionary trends of Africa. You will be aware of the historical and current knowledge about Africa. Thus, helping you craft the ways towards developments in the future. The fellows will be given a chance to see the ground realities of the challenges through conducive and reasoning-based research. Thus, overcoming the impediments and touching the zenith of glory.
The fully-funded fellowships in Europe intend to examine the drastic changes in Africa concerning the rise in population trend, urbanization, the role of external and internal factors, and their impact on the environment. The community of ASCL comprises a galaxy of professional experts from academics, media, NGOs, the arts, policy making, and business. The interest of all stakeholders is to bring positive change in Africa through developmental research projects. Being an ASCL member, you will be expected to participate enthusiastically in the projects, attend its events, share your publications, and help the institute in every possible way through the infusion of your knowledge.
The international fellowship through ASCL is supported by the University of Leiden, considered the chief institute in the Netherlands. The ASCL works with the various partner organizations to disseminate information about the African societies to the public. The institute is partnered with multiple organizations, including research institutes, government departments, universities, NGOs, charities, embassies, and companies. The ASCL also acts as a coordinator of the Leiden Africa Studies Assembly. This assembly is the constellation of Leiden-based Africanists. As a member of several knowledge developmental forums, the ASCL works on inclusive developmental policies to make Africa successful in international dynamics.
ASC Leiden Visiting Fellowship Program in Netherlands:
- The Netherlands.
- African Studies Centre Leiden.
- Doctoral level.
ASCL Fellowship Program Tenure:
- The period of ASC Leiden Visiting Research Fellowship Program in the Netherlands is for 90 days.
Benefits of the African Studies Centre Fellowship, Netherlands:
- Return ticket in economy class.
- The daily stipend covers living expenditures.
- Accommodation facility in Leiden.
- Medical/ liability insurance is granted.
- Shared office facility with the ASCL’s staff members.
- A library facility is given.
Eligibility Criteria of the ASC Leiden Visiting Fellowship Program:
- You should be based in Africa for a minimum of two years in the total of the previous four years.
- You must be holding a PhD degree.
- You must have conducted research on the African-focused projects.
- You must have published books, journal articles, or book chapters.
- Committed to going back to my hometown after the completion of the fellowship.
- Wishing to pursue a research career in the future.
How to Apply for the ASC Leiden Visiting Fellowship Program?
- Students have to go to the African Studies Centre Leiden website.
- Click and download the application form.
- Fill up the required fields.
- Provide all the supporting documents.
- Complete the application form with due care and submit it.
Selection Criteria for the ASC Research Fellowship Program:
- Research ability.
- Quality of the Research project.
- Intended outcomes of the Research Project.
- Feasibility of the Research Project.
- The decision of CRG (Collaborative Research Group).
Documents Required for the African Studies Center Leiden Visiting Fellowship Program:
- CV including the publications.
- PhD diploma copy.
- Digital copy of 2 international journal articles.
- Letter of recommendation.
ASC Fellowship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for the fellowship 23 is July 24, 2022.