ADB Japan Scholarship Program is an initiative of the Government of Japan to welcome the best-qualified minds of the ADB’s national to pursue their master’s degrees in the participating institutes from the Asia and Pacific Region. Among these institutes is the University of Tokyo, Japan. The Asian Development Japan Scholarship enables students to study at Tokyo University for free. The basic purpose of this fully-funded scholarship for international students is to enhance their already developed skills and drive them towards development-related fields for a better tomorrow.
The Japan Government Scholarship Program aims at promoting studies in economics, science, and environment-related fields. The ADB scholarship was established in 1988 to uplift the students from ADB member countries. Since its inception, Asian Development Bank has left no stone unturned to contribute to the social and economic well-being of its member states. In order to fulfill its mission, ADB always supports projects which are on the basis of sustainability. Keeping in view the changing needs of Asia and the Pacific Region, Asian Development Bank has collaborated with the Japan Government to establish funds for the ADD-Japan scholarship for international students of the member states.
The ASD-JSP Scholarship at Tokyo University is a splendid and paramount opportunity for individuals to study in the world’s best institutes for free. Although international scholarship offers the chance to study in multiple institutes that participate in this program, this article is solely on the opportunity at the University of Tokyo. UTokyo is home to almost 4200 international students. This makes the university a diverse institution. The ADB scholars along with academic excellence have probable prospects of learning to live together, respect diversity and enjoy multiple cultures. Besides, the university has proudly produced seventeen prime ministries, 17 Nobel Prize Laureates, five astronauts, and a field medalist. Thus the University of Tokyo must be a study destination for the ADB scholar.
The best part of this Asian Development Bank grant is that the graduates under this Japan scholarship must have to come to their home countries to serve the country’s development and sustainability. Interestingly, the international scholarship for master’s students allows them to apply to more than one institute. So, this scholarship program is an outstanding option that they can avail of only if they are eager to serve their home countries and people in the best possible way. The following article explains how to apply to the University of Tokyo under ADB-JSP 2022. Moreover, the benefits along with the eligibility criteria are discussed below.
ADB Japan Scholarship Program 2023:
- The University of Tokyo
- The Government of Japan
- The Asian Development Bank
- Master’s Degree Programs
- Department of Natural Environmental Studies
- Department of Ocean Technology, Policy, and Environment
- Department of Environment Systems
- Department of Human and Engineered Environmental Studies
- Department of Socio-Cultural Environment Studies
- Department of International Studies
- Graduate Program in Sustainability Science – Global Leadership Initiative
ADB-Japan Scholarship Program Benefits 2023:
- The full tuition fee will be covered by the ADB-Japan scholarship.
- The scholars will be provided with a monthly subsistence and housing allowance.
- The scholar will be given a book allowance and a grant for instructional materials.
- The scholar’s medical insurance will be covered.
- The travel expense will be covered.
Eligibility Criteria of the ADB Japan Scholarship Program 2023:
- The candidate must be a citizen of an ADB member state or a Japanese ODA scholarship-eligible country.
- The candidates must have admitted to the University of Tokyo Japan for a master’s program.
- The candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic record.
- The candidate must have 2 years of professional experience after completion of the degree program.
- The candidates must be proficient in English.
- The candidate must not be more than 35 years of age. However, for the programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years.
- If the candidate is an employee or immediate relationship with the ADB employee he/she can not apply.
- The candidate must be in good health and can move to Tokyo for studies.
- The candidate who is not living or working in his/her own home country, he/she can not apply.
- The candidates must be agreed on a return to their home countries after the completion of the program.
- The candidate must maintain an exceptional academic record to continue the scholarship for the second year.
How to Apply for ADB Scholarship Program 2023?
- The candidates must apply to the University of Tokyo for a desired master’s program.
- The candidates have to mention for consideration for the ADB scholarship.
- The ADB JSP information sheet form must also be sent to the University of Tokyo.
- The candidates have to submit their proof of income, tax returns, or proof of family income.
- Tokyo University will rank the applicants and send the details to the ADB.
- The documents must be submitted online as well as sent by post.
Application Procedure of the ADB UTokyo Scholarship 2023:
- The application procedure is divided into 5 main steps.
- The candidate should search for a supervisor at the University of Tokyo.
- By December the candidate must send the set of a complete application.
- The University of Tokyo verifies the sent qualifications of the applicants from December to February.
- By March the successful candidates have to apply for an ADB scholarship by GSFS.
- The application deadline for the ADB Japan Scholarship Program at the University of Tokyo Japan is December 10, 2022.