Call for applications for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2020. The Ireland Government Scholarship 2020 is funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council. The Irish Scholarship Programme is highly competitive. The Ireland Scholarship for international students is an opportunity for all those who are willing to pursue their Research MS and Ph.D. or Direct Ph.D. (MS leading to Ph.D.).
In 2018, we invested in a total of 1,193 postgraduate scholars, with over 5,000 individual scholarships for excellent research awarded to date. The Ireland Scholarship 2020 is considered one of the top scholarships around the world. It is a great chance for the students to study in the best universities in Ireland.
The program provides outstanding students with the opportunity to direct their own research at the early-career stage, working with a supervisor, in their chosen area of interest. Pioneering proposals addressing new and emerging fields of research or those introducing creative, innovative approaches are welcomed. Proposals of an interdisciplinary nature are also encouraged as it is recognized that advancing fundamental understanding is achieved by integrating information, techniques, tools, and perspectives from two or more disciplines.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is highly competitive, with an average success rate of 18% over the past five years. Successful applicants who become scholars under the program are recognized as demonstrating world-class potential as future research leaders and in the quality of their ideas.
Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2020 Details:
- By the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council, Government of Ireland
You might be interested in Here is the list of South Korea Scholarships 2020, Check & Apply. Check it out.
The scholarship will support suitably qualified research master’s and doctoral candidates pursuing, or intending to pursue, full-time research in any discipline. A scholar who is a new entrant to the postgraduate degree for which they are seeking funding is entitled to apply for funding for the full duration of the degree as outlined below:
- Research Master’s Degree: 1 Year
- Structured Research Master’s Degree: 2 Years
- Traditional Doctoral Degree: 3 Years
- Structured Doctoral Degree: 4 Years
- Social Science
The total value of the scholarship fund will be up to a maximum of €24,0004 in any approved year and consist of the following:
- a stipend of €16,000 per annum
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum
- eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Degree For Master’s Programs.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or equivalent Degree For Doctoral Programmes.
- Result awaiting students can also apply.
- If Undergraduate Examination results are not known at the time of application, the Council may make a provisional offer of a scholarship on condition that the scholar’s bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree result is a first-class or upper second-class honors.
- You will need to contact professors of HEI listed universities. Professor will have to agree on a proposal and you will need to submit an application online with professors consent. Sometimes the professor helps you in preparing proposal and application and sometimes you will have to do it all by yourself.
- The scholarship is not in the hands of professors/advisors. IRC will grant scholarships but applications are to be sent with the collaboration of adviser. So start looking for HEI universities and shortlist professors with the same interests. Almost every field is available.
General Conditions of the Ireland Government International Scholarship:
- All scholarships must commence on 1 September 2019. Scholarships may only be deferred for reasons of an eligible career break.
- A scholar’s first duty is to the successful completion of the scholarship for which they have been awarded funding.
- Scholarships are held subject to these Terms and Conditions and any supplementary conditions set out in the scholarship offer. If any of these Terms and Conditions are breached, the Council reserves the right to suspend or terminate the scholarship and may require reimbursement of such payments as have already been made.
- The Council reserves the right to make amendments to these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland, and all parties will expressly and irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
- The Council will strive to adopt procedures that are consistent with the policies of the Irish government in relation to the development of the information society and, accordingly, properly authenticated electronic communications will be treated as legally equivalent to paper submission.
- Scholarship awards are made to the individual scholar, noting clause 8.1 below.
- It is the responsibility of the scholar to inform the Council of any change of address, telephone number, or email address within two weeks of such a change. This should be done via the online system.
- The HEI is responsible for ensuring that scholars have access to effective procedures for resolving problems arising from the administration or supervision of their scholarship.
- In the event of a scholar experiencing serious problems with supervision or any other academic matter that cannot be resolved at the department level, they should follow the HEI’s own grievance procedures. Should these problems prove to be intractable, the scholar should inform the Council directly.
- The HEI should ensure that a clear and reasonable policy on annual leave entitlement exists and that this is made known to the scholar at the start of their scholarship.
- Should a scholar be unable to pursue their project in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the scholar and their supervisor must inform the Council and the relevant office(s) in their HEI. The scholar must do this no later than two weeks of such a situation arising. The Council will have regard to the usual conventions of the scholar’s HEI; however, it reserves the right to suspend or terminate the scholarship.
Also, Apply for fully-funded Commonwealth Scholarship in the UK For Masters & Ph.D.
How to Apply for Ireland Government Scholarships 2020?
Potential applicants should read the 2020 Terms and Conditions carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant, supervisor and referee forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
- The last date to submit an application for Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2020 for the International Students is 31st October 2019.
Deadline is October 31, 2019