Call for applications for the Young Founders Programme in Germany Spring 2020. The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is a fully funded 6-month-long programme for outstanding young entrepreneurs from emerging and developing countries. The young leaders from all over the world will attend a fully funded conference in Berlin. The duration of the international conference is for one week.
The aim of the young leader’s program to connect young founders from all over the world with each other and with the Berlin startup scene, and support them in further developing their entrepreneurial skills and their international network.
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Spring 2020 will start with the Young Founders Conference from 10th to 14th of March, 2020 in Berlin. During this time, the 25 participants have the unique opportunity to meet and interact with successful entrepreneurs, investors and political decision-makers. Throughout the programme, the Young Founders will have the chance to develop their businesses and discuss challenges with a personal mentor as well as with fellow Young Founders in a peer mentoring group. Moreover, Young Founders will receive further support through regular expert webinars that cater to their needs.
Stay in touch and keep visiting our Facebook page Scholarships Corner for live sessions and guidelines about different opportunities. We also share opportunities on our Instagram account on a daily basis. Follow us on Instagram “scholarshipscorner” and Don’t miss any opportunity.
Young Founders Programme in Germany 2020 Details:
- Westerwelle Foundation
- 6-Month-long Program including One Week Conference in Berlin
- Travel and accommodation will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation
- The Westerwelle Young Founders Conference – a week-long conference in Berlin to get to know fellow Young Founders, the German startup scene, and strengthen their entrepreneurial skills by attending workshops and meetings (travel and accommodation will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation);
- A personal mentor who is an experienced entrepreneur and will function as a sparring partner with whom you can discuss upcoming challenges and new opportunities;
- Monthly peer mentoring calls with the other successful Young Founders of the cohort to share knowledge with and support each other;
- Expert sessions on relevant topics (e.g. OKRs, investor KPIs, marketing & sales);
- The Young Founders Network — a strong alumni network that functions as a platform for all Young Founders to connect with each other, exchange ideas and find support for existing challenges;
- Exposure to the Berlin startup scene and the public for you and your startup via our social media channels and our networks,
- Assistance beyond the programme as we remain a contact person for the Young Founders and will help you to find suitable experts for challenges, offer possibilities to share learnings with current cohorts or celebrate successes.
- The buddy programme that connects alumni of the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme with new Young Founders that operate in the same business to potentially open doors and enhance mutual exchange.
The eligibility criteria for the YFP Spring 2020 is given below:
- You have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model that has achieved Product-Market Fit and has ideally secured first external funding (if you run a business model that requires external investment);
- your company is based in a developing or emerging country or has a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies;
- you possess a good working knowledge of English;
- you are available to attend the Young Founders Conference in Berlin and can make time to participate in monthly mentoring and peer mentoring calls for the 6-month programme.
Please note that foreign applicants must possess valid travel documents (including a visa, if necessary) to enter Germany and valid travel medical insurance.
How to Apply YFP Spring 2020 in Germany?
You can apply through the online application system. Carefully read the application’s instructions before filling the form. Fill the all required fields.
- The last date to apply for the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme in Germany 2020 is the 3rd of December 2019, 11 pm CEST.
Skype interviews with shortlisted candidates (25th of November to 17th of December 2019). Jury decision and selection of participants (5th of January 2020). Notification of all applicants (7th of January 2020)
Deadline is December 3, 2019