TechGirls Exchange Program 2024 in the USA is a laudable opportunity for women who want to pursue their careers in science and technology abroad. This international summer exchange program aims at empowering and inspiring young women from around the world. It is an array of hope for international students in the era of a pandemic where numerous crises have already upset the world. The brilliant students are encouraged to become a part of this fully-funded leadership program to achieve the core mission of the USA to attract them and engage them in multifarious academic activities and programs for ensuring cooperation and financial stability in the global communities. Moreover, being the top-ranked country for technology and innovation, the USA is actively preparing research scholars through its development programs.
In 2024, the TechGirls cultural exchange program will empower 111 young women from 37 countries, joined by 13+ U.S. peers, for an immersive four-week U.S. journey. This comes with seven months of mentoring, building on our legacy since 2012, where TechGirls has uplifted 653 young girls globally. Tech Girls have to take part in interactive technology and computer camps, then travel to the specific listed countries with the intention of job shadowing at the tech company. They would have homestay and community service experiences as well. This program has a multiplier effect as the participants would have to work on community-based projects under 7 months of excellent mentorship after returning to their home country. This exchange program is envisioned to bring effective change to women by endorsing young women to build a network of progressive individuals. In this way, talented women transform themselves as per the competitive requirements of the globe.
The TechGirls student exchange program in the USA allows every talented and passionate woman to enhance their career development while polishing their potentially acquired skills throughout their career in the USA. Furthermore, it permits hardworking ladies to work together with diversified people and uplift their positions in a worldwide community. Further, the global leadership program trains students with fundamental and professional skills that help them provide possible solutions to critical global issues through technological and analytical approaches. It promotes youth leadership and inculcates a sense of responsibility among them accompanied by a climate of trust. Here, the women are expected to follow the timeline and get themselves ready for each activity.
The program aims to drive the optimal solutions after addressing the problems and concerns rapidly. Staff is available all the time to provide career counseling and help adapt to cultural adjustments. Moreover, participants are provided with health care needs under the guidance of CPR-certified staff. The Tech Girls program allows aspirants of every religion to practice their religion freely. Students concerned with the Halal or Haram dietary rules are given the appropriate meals accordingly while arranging their specific buffets at halal restaurants when possible. It empowers the youth community with practical and social learning skills and capabilities that enrich the global women workforce for a lifetime.
TechGirls Leadership Program in the USA 2024:
- United States of America
- U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- 7 months including 24 days in the United States
No. of Participants:
Benefits of the TechGirls Exchange Program 2024:
The summer exchange program will cover the following costs:
- A Visa fee
- International airfare from home country to the United States.
- Accommodation allowance (double occupancy dormitory accommodations) will be provided.
- Meal three times a day is given.
- Local transportation is provided.
- Chance to participate in cultural events organized by Legacy International.
- Emergency health insurance is provided.
Eligibility Criteria TechGirls Exchange Program 2024:
- Candidates must belong to the eligible countries listed in Sub-Saharan Africa, East Asia and Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, South and Central Asia, Western Hemisphere, Europe and Eurasia, and the USA.
- Candidates should be between the ages of 15 and 17 at the beginning of the program.
- Candidates must possess advanced skills and interest in technology engineering or math during their study tenure.
- Candidates must wish to pursue their higher education and career in technology.
- Candidates must have strong English language skills.
- Candidates must exhibit a mature, flexible, and open-minded approach.
- Candidates must be ready to attend at least one additional semester after their return to their home country.
- Candidates must be willing to complete a community service project in their home country after their return.
- Candidates with no prior experience in the USA or who have not visited the USA in the last three years are preferred.
Eligible Countries for 2024 TechGirls:
- Sub-Saharan Africa (AF) – Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, and Zambia
- East Asia and Pacific (EAP) – Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Mongolia, Taiwan, and Vietnam
- Europe and Eurasia (EUR) – Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Türkiye
- Middle East and North Africa (NEA) – Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia
- South and Central Asia (SCA) – Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan
- Western Hemisphere (WHA) – Brazil, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Panama, Peru, and Suriname
- United States of America
How to Apply for International Exchange Program in the USA 2024?
- A candidate must register himself before starting the TechGirls 2024 application via the official website
- Candidates must log in to their accounts to apply.
- A candidate should have all the related documents before applying.
- A photograph
- Latest school transcript.
- Eight essay questions are required to be filled.
- Passport number. (If available)
TechGirls Exchange Program Application Deadline:
- “The 2024 TechGirls Application window starts in October 2023 and wraps up in December 2023.