Join the Swedish Institute Management Programme Asia, if you want to be a part of a network of emerging leaders with a shared interest in exploring 21st century business perspectives.
The Swedish Institute is seeking applications for its Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) Asia 2019 program in order to lead change for responsible leadership and sustainable business practices. The programme challenges traditional approaches of doing business and explores how business can become more people and planet focused in market driven economies.
The programme invites prominent figures in the commercial and political sectors as well as academia to present topics such as climate change, responsible financing, stake-holder engagement and leadership development. The curriculum includes theoretical approaches, problem-solving using real business cases and interactive workshops with experienced practitioners. It also includes company visits and coaching on their own business case.
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from Sweden
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
SIMP will give you:
- A global network of leaders focused on sustainable business and responsible leadership
- Increased knowledge about environmental, social and financial aspects of sustainable business
- Increased leadership competence
- Insights into business cases in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice
- Exchange of experience with prominent practitioners in business and in the public sector
- Kick-off, 2 days in one of the selected countries in Asia, 14 – 15 March 2019 You are introduced to the programme curriculum and topics of focus. Regional business cases creates the framework for your learning.
- Module 1, 2 weeks in Sweden, 6 – 18 May 2019 You deep dive into how sustainble business contributes to innovation, production and increased trust in business on the global market. You explore topics such as leadership, stake-holder engagement, climate change and company visits. You also have a chance to initiate your own business case and receive coaching and peer-feedback.
- Module 2, 1 week in one of the selected countries in Asia, 14 – 19 October 2019 The focus is on reconnection with the network and harvesting learnings from module 1. You have the opportunity to analyse and deliver on a regional business case. All parts of the programme are mandatory. The programme is intense and includes evening activities.
- You aspire to make sustainability an integral part of your business strategy
- You have a senior position within trade, industry or the public sector
- You are in a position to drive decisions and have a mandate to influence the business strategy for your organisation
- You are between 25-45 years old
- You have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- You are a citizen and resident of China, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam
- You can take part in all parts of the programme
- You are willing to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme
How to Apply for Swedish Institute Management Programme Asia?
Applications are uploaded and submitted in application portal. Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. These are the steps in the application process:
- Download and fill out the SIMP application form
- Go to the application portal
- Upload the completed SIMP application form in English
- Upload an updated CV in English
- Upload a letter of recommendation* in English
- Upload a photo (not compulsory).
The Swedish Institute will appoint a selection committee consisting of staff from the Swedish Institute as well as representatives from partner organisations and experts in the area of sustainable business practices. The applications will be evaluated according to the following selection criteria:
- The relevance and quality of personal motivation and commitment, and the applicant’s answers in the SIMP Asia application form.
- An assessment of the CV.
- An assessment of the letter of recommendation from one reference person.
- The general qualifications of the applicant.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews as a second step in the selection process. The interviews will be conducted on Skype.
Also Check Some other amazing opportunities:
- IREX Community Solutions Program – Fully Funded to USA
- KAIST University Camp in South Korea – Fully Funded
- October 29, 2018