Applications are now open for the fully funded Fully Funded Mext Undergraduate Scholarship 2019 in Japan for Pakistan Students. The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as Undergraduate Students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program.
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
- Undergraduate Degree Programmes
Fields of Study:
Those who apply for an undergraduate student must choose a “Field of Study (“Social Sciences and Humanities” or “Natural Sciences”), “Course”, and “Major(s)” from the below table. Applicants may enter a first, second, and third choice
Social Sciences and Humanities – A:
- Law, Politics, Pedagogy, Sociology, Literature, History, Japanese Language, Others (excluding “1. Economics” and “2. Business Administration” in Humanities
Social Sciences and Humanities – B:
- Economics, Business Administration
Natural Sciences – A:
- Science (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry)
- Electric and Electronic Studies (Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Information Engineering)
- Mechanical Studies (Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture)
- Civil Engineering and Architecture (Civil Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Engineering)
- Chemical Studies (Applied Chemistry, Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Chemistry
- Textile Engineering)
- Other Fields (Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Biotechnology)
Natural Science – B:
- Agricultural Studies (Agriculture, Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine, Forestry, Food Science, Fisheries)
- Hygienic Studies (Pharmacy, Hygienics, Nursing)
- Science (Biology)
Natural Science – C:
- Medicine, Dentistry
Note: An applicant who chooses Natural Sciences and would like to choose more than one majors is required to select up to three majors from within the same course (i.e. Natural Sciences A, B or C). However, an applicant who selects Natural Science – C as his/her first choice may choose his/her second-choice major from Natural Science – B or C and third-choice major from Natural Science – B as Natural Science – C offers only two majors.
- 117,000 yen per month. A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions. Due to the situation of the Japanese Government’s budget, the amount of payment may be subject to change each fiscal year. If a grantee is absent from the university or the preparatory educational institution for an extended period, the scholarship shall be suspended for that period.
- Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Transportation to Japan:
- Transportation from Japan
- Applicants must be from Pakistan
- Applicants, in principle, must be born between April 2, 1994 and April 1, 2002.
Applicants must satisfy any one of the following conditions. However, applicants desiring direct placement must satisfy either the following ① or ③ condition.
① Applicants who have completed 12 years of schooling in countries other than Japan. (Applicants who will meet the above qualifications by March 2019 are eligible. However, applicants wishing to enroll from the autumn term through direct placement must be expected to complete 12 years of schooling by August 2019.)
② Applicants who have completed their studies at a school equivalent to a Japanese upper secondary school in countries other than Japan. (Applicants who will meet the above qualifications by March 2019 are eligible.)
③ Other than the above ① and ② conditions, applicants who are eligible for enrollment in a Japanese university at the time of application.
- Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese. Applicants must be interested in Japan and be willing to deepen their understanding of Japan before and after arriving in Japan. In addition, in principle, applicants must be willing to carry out their academic studies in Japan in Japanese.
- Applicants must submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan.
- Mark Sheet Form
- Application Form
- Academic transcripts of all school years of last school attended (Attested copies)
- Graduation certificate of last school attended (Attested copy)
- Attested copy of Certificate of enrollment from current institution (if applicable)
- Hope certificate issued by the Institute (for students whose final result is expected by August 2018)