Call for applications for the Leading the Middle East Scholarship 2022. This fully-funded scholarship is available to attend the One Young World Conference in Tokyo, Japan. The duration of the OYW Summit 2022 is 4 days. The conference will take place in Tokyo from 16 May to 19 May 2022. All the expenses of the selected participants from the Middle East will be covered by this scholarship.
The Middle East’s future is filled with profound uncertainty. The region is host to one of the largest populations of young people, with around 65% of its population under the age of 30. With several countries experiencing the turmoil of war, conflict, and sanctions, the Fourth Industrial Revolution could provide a lifeline to this young, eager population. Given their sheer numbers, they have the ability to transform their regions, whether it be in governance, energy, infrastructure, medicine, and beyond.
The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counseled by influential political, business, and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman, and Meghan Markle, amongst many other global figures.
Fusing the futuristic with the traditional, Tokyo is a sprawling megacity bursting with a seemingly limitless number of things to do. A business and cultural mega center that is home to tens of millions of people, Tokyo is also the crossroads where the Japanese interact with citizens from all over the world. Whatever your cultural interests are, Tokyo is likely to have you covered. Home to many world-class art galleries and museums, traditional temples and shrines, staggeringly diverse nightlife options, and cutting-edge technology, there is something for everyone. In the midst of these challenges, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
Leading the Middle East Scholarship 2022:
What does Leading Middle-East sponsorship pay for?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan.
- Hotel accommodation between 15 and 19 May 2022.
- Catering includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo. Your flight to and from Tokyo must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Eligibility Criteria of the Leading Middle-East Scholarship 2022?
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
|Bahrain||Iran, the Islamic Republic of||Iraq||Israel|
|Palestinian Territories**||Qatar||Saudi Arabia||Syrian Arab Republic|
|United Arab Emirates||Yemen|
How to Apply for OYW Summit Leading Middle-East Scholarship 2022?
The application form is very simple. You need to fill an online application form. Fill in all the required fields. Don’t wait till the last date and apply as soon as possible.
- Use English
- Be Relevant
- Tell us what makes you unique
- Tell us about the impact you have made
- Tell us why to want to be a One Young World Ambassador
- Share your work
- Read, re-read and re-read again
- Save your application before submitting
- Don’t submit an incomplete application
- Don’t be discouraged
- The last date to apply for the Leading the Middle East Scholarship 2022 in Japan to attend One One Young World Summit in Germany is 31 January 2022.