The Leading the Middle East Scholarship 2023 is currently accepting applications for a fully-funded scholarship to attend the One Young World Conference in Belfast, United Kingdom. The conference will take place from October 2 to October 5, 2023, and the scholarship covers all expenses for selected participants from the Middle East. This is an excellent opportunity for young leaders from the region to attend a prestigious conference and engage with other global changemakers.
The Middle East faces a future that is riddled with uncertainty, given the region’s turmoil of war, conflict and sanctions. However, it is also home to a large population of young people, with nearly 65% of its population under the age of 30. These young people hold immense potential in shaping the future of the region, particularly through the Fourth Industrial Revolution, and transforming areas such as governance, energy, infrastructure, medicine, and more. Amidst these challenges and opportunities, young leaders are devising innovative strategies to build a more sustainable Middle East. If you are one such leader, One Young World is inviting you to the upcoming Summit.
The annual One Young World Summit is a gathering of the most brilliant young talents from all over the world and different sectors, working towards accelerating social impact. Delegates from more than 190 countries attend the summit and receive guidance from influential political, business, and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman, Meghan Markle, and many other global figures.
Belfast is a city that has transformed itself in remarkable ways in the recent past, with substantial investments being made in infrastructure and development projects. These investments have played a crucial role in revitalizing the tourism, transportation, and digital sectors, turning Belfast into a dynamic destination for living, working, studying, visiting, and investing. After years of conflict, the city has become ambitious, with a group of talented young people who are enthusiastic about driving positive social change.
Leading the Middle East Scholarship 2023:
What Does Leading The Americas Scholarship Pay for?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast, United Kingdom.
- Hotel accommodation between 1 and 5 October 2023.
- Catering includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- Travel cost.
Eligibility Criteria of the Leading Middle-East Scholarship 2023?
To be eligible for the Leading the Middle East Scholarship 2023, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have a demonstrated commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Be addressing key local and/or global issues in their work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
- Additionally, applicants must be passport-holding citizens of one of the countries in the Middle East region listed below:
|Iran, the Islamic Republic of
|Syrian Arab Republic
|United Arab Emirates
How to Apply for OYW Summit Leading Middle-East Scholarship 2023?
To apply, you just need to fill out the online application form and complete all the required fields. It’s important to apply as soon as possible to avoid any technical issues or delays and ensure that you have the best chance of being selected for this fully-funded scholarship. Good luck with your application!
- The last date to apply for the Leading the Middle East Scholarship 2023 in the UK to attend the One One Young World Summit in Germany is 30 April 2023.