Journalists are the voices of the nations. To spread the freedom of expression, the United Kingdom has brought the opportunity for journalists to lead the world through its Journalist Fellowship Programme 2022-2023. The Reuters Institute Journalism Fellowship Programme is considered one of the world’s leading platforms for making mid-career journalists relax some time by staying away from their current job and having deep knowledge of what journalism is. Do you have five years of relevant experience in the field? It would be best if you did not wait for the other second to apply for this outstanding fellowship in the world’s leading continent. This program is highly preferable for devoted journalists.
The fully-funded fellowship will help you enrich your expertise through conducting research at their advanced research centers, attending seminars, events, and other discussion forums. While working on the project at Reuters Institute of Oxford, your career path will be positively influenced by exploring the broader media industry. Once you take a step out of the institute, you will be further awarded recognition in the media industry. The platform of experienced journalists aims to empower everyone to participate in the key media debates while sharing their opinions based on the acquired practical knowledge and expertise in the area.
The opportunity to get a fellowship abroad is here at your door. Your voices are being here in the UK. This fellowship is not confined to the formal conduct of the Programme but also gives you the room to explore the libraries and have some informal conversations with the other journalist fellows. This fellowship will assist you in getting the best practices on the prevailing issues of the globe. Every aspect of the Programme will help you counter the challenges of the media industry and look into the related opportunities. In this way, journalists will be able to get the maximum productive benefit out of their learning.
The fully-funded Fellowships Programme in the United Kingdom allows you to give presentations around the specified theme and have panel discussions once your tenure ends. This will help you summarize your learning and experience acquired during the Programme. Such kind of events through this fellowship will be a worthwhile addition to your career profile. Reuters is of mission that it has to explore the future of Journalism through the various activities conducted throughout the offered Programme. The institute is eager to make the uninformed public informed about the current affairs of the international community while maintaining the autonomy of Journalism through empowering the journalists.
Journalist Fellowship Program 2022-2023 in the UK:
- United kingdom
- Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, University of Oxford.
- The scholarship duration of the Journalist Fellowship Program 2022-2023 in the UK ranges from three to six months depending upon their funding. They will start in either October 2022, January 2023, or April 2023.
Benefits of the Journalist Fellowship Program 2022-2023 in the UK:
- You will be given practical insight into journalism.
- You will be given the opportunity to prepare fact sheets and report on the main challenges confronting the media industry.
- An opportunity to share your opinion is given on this wonderful platform.
- Your global reputation is recognized once you complete the program.
- You will be given access to the advanced research centers.
- You will be given a stipend during your program tenure.
- You will be facilitated with traveling and living costs.
- Extensive learning support is provided to you.
- You will be given access to the world’s largest publishers’ platforms like The Financial Times, BBC, and The Guardian.
Eligibility Criteria of the Journalist Fellowship Program 2022-2023 in the UK:
- Journalists across the world are eligible to apply.
- You must possess a minimum of five years of experience in the domain of journalism.
- People having a passion to explore the ways of journalism are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for the Journalist Fellowship Program 2022-2023?
- The applicants have to apply online through the Reuters Institute for the study of Journalism website on the online application portal.
- The applicants first need to fill in the personal details.
- The applicants are required to fill all the required fields.
- The supporting documents should be uploaded.
- The letters of reference should be uploaded.
- Complete the application form carefully as no incomplete form would be considered valid.
Documents Required for the Reuters Institute Fellowship 2022, UK:
- One-pager project statement expressing your plan to work with Reuters, where do you spend your time in terms of reading, and with whom will you prefer to talk.
- 150 word summary of demonstrating project aims.
- One-pager motivation statement. It should demonstrate your reason behind the fellowship, the reasons to pursue the project at Reuters, how will your project help you once you return to the newsroom. It should be in Pdf format.
- Two letters of reference. They should include the referee’s full name, job title your relationship with you, and their contact details. It should be in Pdf format.
- The size for all Pdf files should be 25MB per file.
- The application deadline for the University of Oxford Fellowship in the UK is February 14th, 2022.