Call for applications for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships 2020 in Germany. The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to approximately 1,200 scholarships of all subjects and nationalities per year. Both international and German students can apply for international scholarships in Germany.
The Heinrich Böll Foundation is a German, legally independent political foundation. Affiliated with the German Green Party, it was founded in 1997 when three predecessors merged. The foundation was named after German writer Heinrich Böll.
We have also uploaded an updated List of top scholarships 2020 (Fully Funded)
Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships 2020 Details:
No. of Scholarships:
- 1200 Scholarships in 2020
Follow us on our Social Media Platforms and Don’t for lastest updates and webinars
Type of Scholarships:
They have two types of Scholarships.
- Study Scholarship (Undergraduate Scholarships, Masters Scholarships)
- Promotion Scholarship (Doctoral Scholarships)
For Master Degree Only
Requirements for Scholarship Application:
Master’s Degree Scholarships in Germany
Doctoral Degree Scholarships in Germany
- Application Form for Scholarship for Master’s Studies or Doctoral Studies
- University Entrance Qualification or Equivalent
- A list of Study Certificates to date if you have already commenced your studies
- For foreign applicants for a scholarship to study for a master’s degree: Certified copy of your first-degree certificate
- Student enrolment certificate
- Written proof of German language proficiency. Minimum DSH 2 or Level B2
- A third-party reference on your social commitment
- An expert reference from a university or college lecturer.
Want to study in Australia? Apply for the Deakin University Scholarship 2020 – Fully Funded
How to get admission in Germany Universities on Scholarship 2020?
Please note: They accept only online applications
- Gather information on the application process and the requested documents
- Register for the online application portal
- Provide the requested information in the Online Application Portal
- After uploading all of your documents, submit your application before the end of the application deadline
Selection Procedure, Stages & Criteria:
The Heinrich Böll Foundation’s selection procedure for scholarship applicants consists of three stages:
- Submission of written application documents
- An interview with a liaison lecturer (telephone interviews may also be held)
- Attendance at a selection workshop in Berlin consisting of a one-to-one interview and a group
At each stage, only a small group is selected for the next stage. You will be notified in writing of the decision reached each stage of the selection procedure.
Stage 1: Submission of written application documents
The key criteria for assessing written applications and admission to the next stage of the procedure are:
- Very good school and university academic record
- A convincing research project (exposé, innovative line of inquiry, realistic timetable, preliminary work that has reached an advanced stage)
- Social commitment and political interest
- Convincing arguments for applying to the Heinrich Böll Foundation
You might be interested in the 2020-21 Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship for Masters and PhD
Stage 2: Interview with a liaison lecturer
At this stage, a report by the liaison lecturer is added to your application. It is based on an interview of about an hour with the liaison lecturer appointed by the Heinrich Böll Foundation. In exceptional cases, the liaison lecturer may agree to hold a telephone interview.
The main points dealt with in the interview with the liaison lecturer will be:
- PhD thesis subject, theoretical and methodical approach, relevance, the status of preliminary work,
timetable and, if appropriate, the relationship between academic research, practice, and politics
- The main focus of research work, research interests
- Career prospects, goal orientation
- Social commitment and political interest as appropriate
- Personal suitability
The liaison lecturer will then write an expert report on the interview covering the above-mentioned
Stage 3: Selection workshop
On the basis of the liaison lecturers’ and other expert reports and the quality of the exposé applicants will be invited to attend the selection workshop.
The selection workshop consists of a structured individual interview and a group discussion. The workshop will focus mainly on assessing applicants’ personal abilities as described in our Mission Statement on Promoting Young Talent (see www.boell.de/scholarships).
NB: If you have already attended a selection workshop and received a letter of rejection you may not re-apply.
- The application deadline for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships in Germany 2020 is 1st March 2020.