Google is now accepting applications for the Google Summer Internship in 2020. Students from all over the world can apply for the Google Summer of Code 2020. The stipend of the Google internship varies from country to country. There is a minimum (3000 USD) and maximum (6600 USD) stipend amount for the selected internees.
Google Summer of Code is a global program focused on introducing students to open source software development. Students work on a 3-month programming project with an open-source organization during their break from university.
Full-time and part-time students from any part of the world can apply for the Google remote internship. The students must be currently enrolled in bachelor’s, masters or PhD degree programs.
As a part of Google paid internship student participants are paired with a mentor from the participating organizations, gaining exposure to real-world software development and techniques. Students have the opportunity to spend the break between their school semesters earning a stipend while working in areas related to their interests.
In turn, the participating organizations are able to identify and bring in new developers who implement new features and hopefully continue to contribute to open source even after the program is over. Most importantly, more code is created and released for the use and benefit of all.
Google Summer Internship 2020 Details:
Google Internship Duration:
- 3-Months in summer 2020
Google Internship Stipend:
- Maximum: $6000
- Minimum: $3000
For Webinars and informative videos, Subscribe Scholarships Corner Youtube Channel
Google Summer Internships Benefits:
- Free internship opportunity in world-leading organizations
- 3000-6000 USD Stipend
- Certificate and Experience
Check & Apply for KAUST International Internship in Saudi Arabia – Fully Funded
Eligibility Criteria of Google Internship:
- Students with any nationality and from any part of the world can apply
- Must be enrolled in or accepted into an accredited institution including (but not necessarily limited to) colleges, universities, masters programs, PhD programs, and undergraduate programs
- 18 years of age
Check and Apply for the International Summer Internship in Turkey – Fully Funded
How does Google Internship work?
Students contact the mentor organizations they want to work with and write up a project proposal for the summer. If accepted, students spend a month integrating with their organizations prior to the start of coding. Students then have three months to code, meeting the deadlines agreed upon with their mentors.
Open source projects apply to be mentor organizations. Once accepted, organizations discuss possible ideas with students and then decide on the proposals they wish to mentor for the summer. They provide mentors to help guide each student through the program.
Existing contributors with the organizations can choose to mentor a student project. Mentors and students work together to determine appropriate milestones and requirements for the summer. Mentor interaction is a vital part of the program.
Tips for Google Summer Internship Application:
1) All the projects are open-source. Start contributing to them even while you are applying, and after you have applied. Also, stay in touch with the community once you have applied. This shows the organizations your level of interest and dedication towards them.
2) Write a detailed proposal. What you are planning to do. How are you planning to do it? The best approach you have in mind for something. Also, propose additional features in the project while writing your proposal.
3) Write your proposal in drafts and keep improving it. Never submit your proposal directly to the organization. Mentors are there to help you in the process. You should definitely ask them to review your project proposal. They have a better insight into the project and can help you make your proposal the best.
- Students can register and submit their applications to mentor organizations. All proposals must be submitted by March 31, 2020.
Note: For more Amazing & Fully-Funded national and international opportunities, visit our website scholarshipscorner.website and Follow us on Facebook Page, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Youtube Channel, and Telegram.
Deadline is March 31, 2020