The Global Youth Biodiversity Network (GYBN) is now accepting applications for the Global Youth Biodiversity Summit 2020 in Japan. The fully-funded summit will take place from 20 to 26 in Miyazaki, Japan. This year the global youth summit in Japan will bring up to 230 youth from all over the world to connect, collaborate, and share experiences about our work and interest in biodiversity conservation.
The GYBN international conference is a fully-funded conference. The GYBN will cover travel, meals, and accommodation for the during the summit. Youth from all countries can apply for this amazing summit in Miyazaki.
GYBN hopes that this Youth Summit will help to further mobilize, empower and coordinate young people and youth organizations that are working for Biodiversity. GYBN was created as the result of an international initiative by young people who participated in CBD COP10 in 2010 and was officially established in 2012. The network is coordinated by an international steering committee and is entirely run by young people for young people.
Follow us on our Social Media Platforms and Don’t for lastest updates and webinars
Global Youth Biodiversity Summit 2020:
- The Global Youth Biodiversity Network (GYBN)
- 1 Week
Apply Now for the Fully Funded 6th UNESCO Youth Leadership Workshop 2020 in Seoul, South Korea
- 20 to 26 April 2020
Travel and participation expenses for the GYBN Summit will be organized and shouldered by GYBN.
- GYBN will pay for round-trip travel from the participant’s home address, as listed in the application form, to the venue.
- In addition, GYBN will provide the participants with meals and shared accommodation for the whole duration of the summit.
Japan Summit Goals:
The goals of the 2020 Global Youth Biodiversity Summit in Miyazaki are:
- Bring together youth from around the world who are active in biodiversity
- Consolidate a youth position for the post-2020 global biodiversity framework
- Work together to create plans of action to strengthen the youth roadmap for this decade and beyond
- Kick-start a youth-led implementation action plan for 2020-2030 to support the framework
- Celebrate 10 years of youth engagement in the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and United Nations Decade on Biodiversity
- Must be an active member or coordinator of a youth organization/network/community that is working on Biodiversity on the local/national/regional/international level
- NOTE: youth members must be between 18-30 years old and youth coordinators must be between 18-35 years old
- Committed to biodiversity conservation with a strong background of engagement.
- Must commit to sharing knowledge and implementing outcomes gained from the Summit.
- Fill out the online application form of the youth summit 2020
- Digital copy of CV (submit it through the form)
- Digital copy of Passport (submit it through the form)
- Short Video (submit it through the form)
How to Apply for an International Conference in 2020?
You need to fill an online application for the youth conference. You will need the above documents with your application.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Applications must be submitted in English. Applications submitted in another language will not be considered. Incomplete applications will also not be considered.
- The deadline for applications is 5 February 2020 at 23:59 PST (Pacific Standard Time).