The British Council is now accepting applications for the Future News Worldwide Conference 2020 in the UK. The British Council’s Future News Worldwide 2020 will take place on 14 and 15 July at Sky’s global headquarters in London. This is a fully-funded conference in London that will cover all the expenses of the successful applicants.
The British Council Summit is an international summit for the world’s best young media makers. This year they will select 00 of the world’s most talented, motivated and passionate student journalists to attend an intensive media training program. Undergraduate or postgraduate student or recent graduate students from all over the world can apply for the international conference in the United Kingdom.
The successful applicants will receive exclusive coaching from world-leading editors, broadcasters, writers, and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before.
Future News Worldwide Conference 2020 Details:
- United Kingdom
- British Council
Follow us on Social Media Platforms and Don’t miss any opportunity.
- 14 and 15 July
The international summit in the UK is free for successful applicants. The conference will cover:
- Return travel from the local airport to London for the dates of the Conference
- The application fee of one Standard Service visa application (if required)
To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2020 applicants must:
- Be aged 18-25 on July 1, 2020
- Be a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution or have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2018
- Be a native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- Not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future News before
- Be dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- Be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between July 11-16, 2020
- Please note that, if an applicant is shortlisted for a place at the conference then he/she will be required to provide evidence of eligibility (identity, age, student status, and English language ability).
Before starting your application, have the following documents to hand:
- Professional reference from your editor, manager, teacher or past employer
- English language qualification certificate (if you have one).
How to Apply for the fully-funded International Conference?
Follow these steps while applying for a British Council conference.
- Accept these Competition Rules by ticking the “I have read and understood the Competition Rules and agree to the Terms and Conditions” box
- Answer the contact and eligibility questions
- Answer the Application Questions
- Provide the requested Supporting Documents
- Submit the application form
Participants are responsible for ensuring they complete the form fully and correctly. Once submitted,
entries can be edited until the competition closing date.
Winners will be required to provide evidence of eligibility (identity, age, student or graduate status and English language ability).
- The last date to apply for the Future News Worldwide Conference 2020 in the UK is Noon GMT on 14 February 2020.
Deadline is February 14, 2020